Danger Will Robinson!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by c.nelson, Apr 27, 2007.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The robot made an appearance in 2005, but I haven't found any further performances.
    Maybe I have been in Europe too long: is seven of nine THAT desirable?

2. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Yes!!!!!

3. Stile442

Stile442 Piano User

Mar 26, 2007
    Deland Fl
    She's the one Borg I would not mind being assimilated by :)

4. c.nelson

c.nelson Pianissimo User

Apr 13, 2007
    Alberton, Montana USA
    I don't think it is to far fetched to think we might have robots provide more accurate testing of trumpets.
    I've hear of certain polymers that can be made to crosslink with the application of electrical current.
    This has implications towards the fabrication of artificial lips,and sphincter
    musclescontroled by computer.

For producing real music,Nothing will ever be contrived that can compete with the human brain or more importantly ,the heart.

As for this hollywood actress we are objectifying,it has been proven statisticly
    proven men look at face first then body.
    so heres my vote:

face 6 just ok (look at those buggy eyes)

body 9 hot but not scorching

5. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    I saw a thing on tv a while back that was about researching atrraction. They claimed that the number one thing that causes a man to be attracted to a woman is the hip to waist ratio. They set up a "speed dating" event (a bunch of people who only spend a couple minutes with each potential date) and they said that the only thing they could use to predict which women would be considered "attractive" was the "hourglass" figure cause by the waist being narrower than the hips. Who knows if their research was accurate, but that's what they said...

Anyway, Seven of Nine certainly gets an A for hip/waist ratio!

Jason.

6. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The Daleks, if they played trumpet, would prefer the wide open models.

7. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    Ex-ter-min-ate!

8. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Hmmm, we could start calling certain types of lead players "Daleks." BTW, Romana was my Sci-Fi dream babe!

9. trumpetbaby

trumpetbaby New Friend

Dec 4, 2006
    South Carolina
    this is retarded, because computers/robots can't perform as well as humans. They are told how to play, but can they truely show emotions? display the music so that the audience can feel the music and relate to it? I feel that this isn't going to end well. Im not willing to give up one of the few things i truely enjoy to a stupid robot.......

10. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    If told exactly how to play, a robot or a computer can reproduce the musicianship of the programmer. They can be useful tools for research, for finding out how we play and what we like, but the time spent in pasting and programming together the perfect performance may exceed the time and effort expended using "real" musicians.

As for samples, check these guys out:

Vienna Symphonic Library

Have fun, and don't give up the trumpet just yet!