Danger Will Robinson!!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by c.nelson, Apr 27, 2007.

1. c.nelson

c.nelson Pianissimo User

Apr 13, 2007
    Alberton, Montana USA
    BTW, Romana was my Sci-Fi dream babe![/QUOTE]

thanks for sparking that memory.
    I remember being very disapointed when she left the show.

My fav science fiction babe is the supreme being from the movie" fifth element."

2. Stile442

Stile442 Piano User

Mar 26, 2007
    Deland Fl

3. Pedal C

Pedal C Mezzo Forte User

Jan 24, 2005
    She's the only thing that made The Fifth Element watchable! (It was still close...)

Ivanovna from Babalyon 5 was nice too...

4. Fluffy615

Fluffy615 Piano User

Nov 30, 2006
    New Jersey
    How about Yvonne Craig of BatGirl fame as the green woman in the insane asylum that Kirk shares a night with? Eddie Murphy had fun with that one in one of his routines.
    But Linda Carter as Wonder Woman. Wow.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I saw this in action at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. The piccolo trumpet voice stopped at high F - so the Brandenburg is still safe for us!
    This is the perfect tool for some composer geek to make film tracks with. The sounds are better than midi or conventional sampling techniques, and if you are not paying close attention, are very convincing. The programming requires that you understand the instruments though.

As far as the musicality goes, when I turn the radio on to one of the "barbie doll" channels, I get the impression that robots could probably be less annoying - AND not be the miserable role model for my children!
    The technique with artificial lips is developed so I have no reason to doubt that Toyota really "played" the trumpet!

I also think about the school band where a critical instrument is missing (like a tuba or clarinet or something), a robot could be very helpful. It will be a while before they will take the first chair spots from us though!