Darn it WWBW/ Government!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by aeguy010, Oct 14, 2010.

1. bigtiny

bigtiny Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2005
    Order the trumpet online, get the benefits. While you're waiting, take your wife out for a nice day trip and dinner with the money you saved.

bigtiny

2. aeguy010

aeguy010 New Friend

Aug 21, 2009
    ohio
    Thanks for the replies, upon the encouragement of my wife I packed up the kids and she and I headed out. We got there and I had a couple of observations. 1 driving up to wwbw it looked huge. Upon going inside I was disappointed. They only had maybe 15 trumpets on display. They had a room special for tubas and a round glass case with another 15 tubas, I was expecting to see a 50 foot wide by 10 foot tall trumpet display based on the size of the building driving up to it...They of course did not have the one they said they had, my wife had fumes comming from her ears.... I picked out a reunion blues gig bag so the trip wasn't worthless. I happened to look in the side room that had returns and trade-ins, and like a treasure hunt there it was the yamaha xeno I wanted! I promptly went over to nick in horn sales and started working him over on prices. The xeno was a 45 day return and is in mint condition, with my inconvenience for them not having what I wanted they sold me the horn, 3 trumpet bag, 2 trumpet stands for 1600.00 out the door! I think that made the trip worth it! The only issue was I wanted silver plated, the one I found was gold. So thanks for the encouragement guys, my wife loved reading your posts!

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I really like the idea of building RELATIONSHIPS. We get enough "complaints" about online transactions here. Many times the online sales just don't have the margins for "top" service. I do not think that I am getting screwed when a retailer doing a great job costs more. In AEs case, he ended up with the horn that he wanted for an incredible price with the disadvantage that somebody else pawed it for a couple of days. If he has an issue, he now has a NAME (Nick in this case) and that guy will help.

Congrats on doing a good thing, you had some quality time with your wife and kids too. She was involved in your decision and saw your bargaining qualities come out on top. I'll even bet she is proud of you - much more than with an anonymous online transaction!

Bravissimo!

4. JediYoda

JediYoda Mezzo Piano User

Sep 25, 2010
    State of Confusion
    I did that......the store manager said Noway -- we already have it at the lowest price you will ever see it at! I showed him the price online and he said - go buy it online! We will not match that price. Yet it was his store`s online site...lol