Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I'm planning on bringing an Olds Studio Adia herald trumpet, Conn Eb Alto tpt from the 40s, King Eb Master model cornet from the 50s, and some Olds horns to share!

coolerdave likes this.
  2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My Motto is: There can NEVER be too many Olds trumpets at a trumpet hang!

3. Martin Williams

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I have an Olds Super tpt from '65 with mods and the Ultrasonic Bell, an Olds Super tpt and cornet from '47, an Olds Superstar tpt with the Ultrasonic bell, and an Olds Ultratone 2 valve bugle in G if anyone is really interested :)

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  4. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    Hi Martin,
    By all means bring your great collection of Olds horns and any others you may want to display. There will be an awesome collection of horns. Don't forget your mouthpiece too.

I look forward to seeing you and everyone else on June 2.
    LJH

5. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Piano User

Apr 28, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    OK I officially registered with Wendy @ Hauer music. I have to be at a graduation party that evening so sadly I won't be able to see Allen at Gilly's.

I know in an earlier post to this thread there was some discussion about someone hoping that Doc would be the special guest. I was watching some video of a clinic by Doc and he mentioned Allen (and his books) several times. It was clear that Doc really respected Allen's work.
    It was also interesting to hear him mention other players/teachers and their methods. It was clear that even as great a player as Doc is, he still feels he can learn something from others.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Look forward to meeting you there at the Trumpet Hang.

7. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    Hey Gary, So do I understand that in order to participate I need to sell all of my trumpets, cornet & flugel, buy cool vintage Olds instruments, and then come to the Hang?

8. Martin Williams

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    No, variety is a good thing!

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No not at all, you just give the horns over to me. Hey, just think of the tax break, as you will be contributing to the disabled... me... mentally. I will proudly display a sign on MY TRUMPET table that these were generous gifts donated by Cyber_Shake. Everyone will want to shake your hand. Including me.

10. mortakye

mortakye Pianissimo User

May 6, 2005
    Cincinnati, OH
    I will be there and plan to bring a 1927 Conn 2b and a 1927 Conn 24b, as well as a custom Tulsa built Callicchio 3z/3rL, a Courtois 154R Flugel horn and what ever else I have laying around. If my Conn 40B is back from the shop I will throw it in the car to.
    Should be a great event.

coolerdave likes this.