Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    My requests are in my edit of your qoute. Especially the Eclipse and Taylor!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    This Just In:
    At the Dayton Trumpet Hang, Yamaha is bringing 33 horns. They don't want them back so

News Flash!!!

33 Yamaha Horns at significantly reduced prices

The Most
    CRAZILY REDUCED PRICES EVER SEEN BY HAUER

But Wait... There's More:

Mellophone $100 with case

Silver Sousa phone (Not Tuba) $350 in great shape

Personal Autographed Photo of
    gmonady as posted in the
    Dayton Daily News

PRICELESS

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Make your reservations Quick at the Dayton Crowne Plaza while there is still space left... AND if full, let me know

As fate would have it, I am admitting patients to the Miami Valley Hospital that Friday evening... I'll get you a nice $50,000 a night room... Morphine drip... and a very fabulous nurse to wait on your every need... all for the price of your insurance co-pay... AND only a couple blocks and within staggering distance to Hauer Music!

Is this legal? Yes. Ethical. Pushing the limit here... but think of the teaching potential in our Ethics class at the University if I can pull this off...

[DISCLAIMER: The above commentary is for comical relief from reality, any representation to a real advertisement is purely coincidental]

4. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    June 2? Ah man!!! If it weren't a week before my wedding, I would be there! And to think....I could have brought my Taylor....and my flugelhorn I guess....

Dang...a chance to see Allan too......ARGH!!!!! Well, maybe next year!

Kujo

coolerdave likes this.
  5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Your missing Allen Vizzutti, and there will not be an opportunity like this next year. AND A WEEK before your wedding. The only excuse I would accept is the DAY of your wedding. Kujo, look at this as your Bachelor party. Just think about it, you can tell all that Allen Vizzutti was at your Bachelor party. So call Hauer now with your reservation.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Kujo, Just checked my band's booking... noticed our band not booked to play your wedding. Must be an error. Check again. Just think, when we come to play, we can share pictures of us at the trumpet hang in Dayton. Can you believe it... the two most important events EVER in your life... only separated by a week... The Dayton Trumpet Hang - and your Wedding. How lucky can you get Kujo! You know... you were my first friend on TM! Always will be!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Just got this response from Allen as to the song list he wants to use for the Gilly's Gig following the Trumpet Hang. Here is Allen's choices:

I'll Remember April
    Joy Spring
    Recordame
    There is No Greater Love
    Somewhare Over the Rainbow
    Take the A Train
    Footprints
    A Night In Tunisia
    Easy Livin'
    Four

It doesn't get any better than this. See you guys at THE Hang AND Gilly's to hear this gifted trumpet player on some of your favorite songs.

8. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    finally, just 2 days away ... thought this weekend would never get here ... time to HANG!

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hang is the magic word. Do eveyone... Plan to Hang around to the last note played by Allen at Gilleys that caps off the day! There was a great write up in the Dayton City Paper regarding Allen Vizzutti and his background and visit to the Dayton area, including a great discussion about the morning Trumpet Hang. If I can find it on line, I will post the article.

10. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Gee, the 2nd's my birthday, too. Unfortunately I'm stuck up here:oops: