Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Buck, Your birthday present is waiting you here in Dayton Ohio, June 2nd, with multiple gifts all packaged for your enjoyment... Hauer Music Trumpet Hang with 150+ fabulous trumpets to play and Allen Vizzutti as our guest to answer your personal questions, then provide a master class... Allen Vizzutti... Master Class! A gift that keeps on giving... Then Allen play in a beautiful historical park nearby with a British Brass Band. Then Allen caps off the evening with jazz backed up by the Eddie Brookshire Quintet! Buck with a Bach to bring to the Hang... the gift is yours to take.

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I can't believe I just read about this .... what a fabulous event Gary. I would need to plan quite a bit in advance for a trip like this though. It would be worth it I am sure of that. Would love to see you playing with Allen too ... wow
    Well I will be looking forward to lots of pics. I did happen to get a great deal on tickets to watch Chris Botti perform that night here in LA ...

3. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
  4. Martin Williams

Martin Williams Mezzo Piano User

Apr 29, 2005
    Columbus, Oh-hi-uh
    I had a great time at the hang! if you weren't there, you should have been!

coolerdave likes this.
  5. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    1st Annual Dayton, Ohio Trumpet Hang was a great day. Here is a video of the HANG: Dayton Trumpet Hang '12 - YouTube

I'll post more videos soon of the Ohio Valley British Band concert featuring Allen Vizzutti + footage from Gilley's with the Eddie Brookshire Group +1 + Allen Vizzutti.

6. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    I love the Phoenix in the vid, saw a NYTC, a harrelson, some older ones I have no clue what they are, strads, Blaine's up-turned bell horn, THE GREAT GARY ON A KANSTUL FLUGEL, a Super Recording, Xeno's, Allen, some more Allen, some Allen here too, AND THE END! NO! I WANT MORE BLAINE! Please.

7. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    thx for posting Blaine ... looks like it was a blast

8. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Piano User

Apr 28, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    It was a good time. It was nice to meet some of you trumpet master folks. I got to see a lot of cool classic horns some nice custom work/restoration on others. Thanks to Hauer Music for hosting the event and to Yamaha and Allen for his time and talent.

I was able to see the Ohio Valley Brass band performance featuring Allen and it was a nice concert. It was a bit windy so I was impressed that they were able to keep their music on their stands.

9. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Gorgeous venue, too. Sorry I missed it!

10. gglassmeyer

gglassmeyer Piano User

Apr 28, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    That Phoenix was HEAVY. I was fun to play but I can't imagine how much larger my left bicep would become from holding that baby.