Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Cody... Dear young Cody... You have just introduced the NEXT PHASE of the DAYTON TRUMPET HANG announcement series:

The first person here on TM that can name the DAYTON TRUMPET HANG GUEST ARTIST, your admission charge for attendance will be paid... in full... by yours truly!!

AND if you over indulge at the evening festivities featuring our GUEST ARTIST, well once again, yours truly will pump your stomach for free at the hospital just down the block from the venue, as I will be admitting patients that night to my medical service... As for the hospital bill... you are on your own.

2. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    G-man, you know I am 'all in' concerning this spectacular event ... and know that the trumpet world will all want to be there too because the GUEST ARTIST is none other than ....

;-P

3. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

Well, I know who it is. Should I say?

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Dump

Dump

Dummmmm

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No Cody... You don't... You really don't...

But let me give you your FIRST CLUE:

What is the make of instrument that you play?

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    So its not the famous lead trumpet player that can be heard from the roof of the hospital blasting out DHeverythings? Hmmmm.

My next guess would be Dr. Scott Belck. Is that right?

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No... Not correct young Cody.

So the Contest Continues...

For Free Admission to the Dayton Trumpet Hang...

To the FIRST ONE to name the SPECIAL GUEST ARTIST

Clue 1: The make of horn played by Codyb226
    Clue 2: A professional trumpeter whos name has been mentioned on TM probably more than any other

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  8. Jimbo

Jimbo New Friend

Feb 11, 2007
    Santa Fe, NM
    I will plan to get there from New Mexico -- wouldn't miss it. Dayton is a brass jazz town man.

I have a brother that lives there and have visited him many times. The Dayton Jazz Orchestra, Eddie Brookshire Jazz Orchestra and others really have great players; they are top pros and have studied at Cincinnati Conservatory and other great schools -- I hope they are at Gilly's Club.

There's an awesome trumpet teacher named Basil Drew that I have taken a few lessons from during my visits -- what a great educator and master player!

Maybe Severinsen will be the guest or how about Carl Saunders or Allen Vizzutti? Clue me in ASAP.

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

You my friend... ARE SO VERY CLOSE TO THE CORRECT ANSWER. One of the 3 you have listed IS THE GUEST ARTIST. Now we just have to narrow the choice down to 1 and that person will win the FREE ADMISSION to the DAYTON TRUMPET HANG.

Clue 3: The GUEST ARTIST grew up in Montana, USA... where he states: "land of the grizzly bear, full sized pickups, cattle, sheep, red necks, watery beer, cowboy boots and the right to bear arms but not arm bears."

10. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    It's Alan then. Drat I can't make it. Can I gift the win to someone?

Or depending when it is maybe I can.

Dayton is right around the corner from Wyoming, right ;)