Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Jimbo... YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED

The GUEST ARTIST will be performing after the Trumpet Hang at....

Gilly's

Backed up by:

The Eddie Brookshire Jazz Orchestra AND Quintet

More Details to Follow... Just keep following this thread!!

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    We
    Have
    A
    WINNER!

The Guest Artist IS:

Allen Vizzutti

Yes, you may gift the win to someone... May I suggest jimbo as he really did narrow down the field for you. And by the way, Dayton IS just around the corner from Wyoming when you put into perspective just how far our members from Down Under will have to travel in order to attend.

3. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Then Jimbo it is!!

It's a 22 hour drive, and I just can't do it.

Jim,

Have a blast. Take photos please.

I'm told the 3 biggest lies in Wyoming are 1) That's my ranch. 2) My truck is paid for. 3) I was just helping that sheep over the fence. There's got to be a Montana version. Dig Alan for details :D

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Celebrating Hauer Music's 75th Anniversary

The 1st DAYTON TRUMPET HANG

Featuring Yamaha Performing Artist

ALLEN VIZZUTTI

Saturday, June 2 2012
    9:00 AM t0 2:00 PM

120 Patterson Blve.
    Dayton, Ohio 45402
    Hauer Music

Hauer's entire 4th floor space will be devoted to the trumpet hang, that can easily accomodate 400 people. Following this activity, Allen Vizzutti will be performing at Datyon's beautiful Carillon park with a British Brass Band. (Any Brits coming in for the Hang?)
    Dayton History | Carillon Park

Later that evening (8:30 PM), Mr. Vizzutti will be performing with the Eddie Brookshire Jazz Orchestra and Quintet (Voted Daytons BEST non-rock band) at Gilly'. Gilly's is a Nationaly known jazz club (I first heard Wynton play there) and voted Ohios BEST Jazz Club by Ohio Magazine. Gilly's is attached by an enclosed elevated walkway to the Crowne Plaza Hotel for those TMers that will arrive from other lands (such as Santa Fe, NM).

Admission to the Hang is $5... and this $5 will be credited toward the $10 Admission to the Gilly's performance later that evening. WOW!! Great Trumpet Hang... Great Live Performance by Allan Vizzutti and the Eddie Brookshire Quintet/Jazz Orchestra... All for $10 TOTAL PACKAGE!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Your are all cordially invited to attend, partipate and invite your friends to the 1st DAYTON TRUMPET HANG. THis event will feature Yamaha performing artist Allen Vizzutti who will be available throughout the day to discuss a full range of trumpet topics, answer questions. He will speifically present his views on successfully mastering the trumpet between 1:00 and 2:00 PM.

The 1st DAYTON TRUMPET HANG provides an opportunity to explore trumpet issues as well as view and play a large number of trumpets in one venue.

Attendees are encouraged to bring their horns. A large display of participant's trumpets and other brass instruments will be available for attendees to view, discuss and play. It is anticipated 100 to 150 instruments will be available including vingate trumpets, Yamahas, Martin Committees, Olds Recordings, Getzens, Conns as well as specialty horns including flugelhorns, piccolo trumpets, C trumpets, cornets and others. Just bring your own mouthpiece(s). In addition, your are also invited to bring and display any harns you would like to "show off" and permit others to play.

Door prizes, water and soft drinks will be available. Even more, Hauer's Music brass instrument repair technicians will be available to make free inspections and minor adjustments of your horns.

There is a $5.00 donation to participate. The donation can also be credited toward the cost of admission to see Allen Vizzutti perform with the Eddie Brookshire Groups on Saturday night at 8:30 PM an Gilly's Jazz Club.

Register in advance to aid in effective planning by calling Hauer Music at 937.222.2815. Ask for Wendy or Barbara at Hauer Music when talking to the receptionist, as both of these individuals have been instructed on how to register for the event. So all registrants please tell the person answering the phone that you are interested in the Trumpet Hang and to connect you to Wendy or Barbara to register and to get the appropriate information.

If you cannot come at 9 AM, please plan to join the event throughout the day. Please note: If you are planing to display any trumpets or brass instruments, please notify Wendy or Barbara Hauer's Music that you will be bringing a horn and plan to arrive at 9:00 AM to permit time to organize and display all the trumpets.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  6. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Sounds like a splendid affair!

7. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    When is it?

8. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Gary, look into this guy too. He is a Yamaha preforming artist and in Dayton.

Scott Belck | Yamaha Artists

9. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    Gary, I am sooooo excited about this hang. Thanks for making it happen and also to Hauer Music!

I assume we need to call Hauer, so I'll RSVP my place at the table with them for:
    - Getzen 90PB Power Bore (refinished by Tom Green)
    - Selmer Claude Gordon
    - Leblanc 727 Herriet
    - Romeo Adaci Referenz
    - Getzen 3850 Custom Series Cornet

Like Christmas in June!!! What a present!

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Great Blaine!! Tom Green's work will be well represented as I will have my '46 Martin Committee, my Olds Recording and tricked out Olds Ambassador; all three done by Tom Green and will be on display there as well.