Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Veery, you are oh so close to Kingtrumpet. I could see the both of you as BEST BUDs if you car pool this together. You got some GREAT horns to offer... and what the heck, I'll take you on bedside rounds with me the next morning at the hospital only a block away from the venue. That's the kinda guy I am!!

AND the chance to pound the flesh with Alan Vizzutti, tap his brain... one on one... on trumpet technique... AND get to finally meet the G-man...

I know you are HERE... You da MAN!!

2. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    I still have some vacation days . . . let's ponder.

Oh, jeeze, Ithaca. LOL Talk about Wrong Way Corrigan.

Oh, the only thing I have is a ratty new AB190. Reminds me in blow, a bit, of my Yammie Hagstrom. A bit. Had been on a B1 for better than a year, so we are in apples and oranges territory. Oh, I could bring the B1 too :) And the Capri cornet which is no slouch. Just needs more go that-a-way. Er, and a 239 C with a MK slide. We can quack on it. And apologies to all those who play a C well. The horn is very nice. Just needs a player blowing into it.

Lean on the Dixie Duke. If he's in, I'm coming hell or high water.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That's it Richard... ponder... Allen Vizzutti... $5 admission... to have a private conversation with him... hear him in a brass band... then that evening just another $5 gets you into Gillys... makes the travel expenses to get here...

Priceless

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What will it take to get Rowuk to attend the Dayton Trumpet Hang?

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Chuck Willard... We are only 3 hours away... If you bring your horn... I'll put you in as Guest Lead? Your chance to play with Eddie too...

I mean Allen Vizzutti, Eddie Brookshire... Chuck...

You know you want too...

Unlimited access to Allen... Chuck!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vulgano...

Brother...

I'm Talkin' to YOU

Allan Vizzutti...

Chuck Willard...

Trumpet Nervana!

7. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Probably a plane ticket.

8. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Toss some inducement Proctor's way.

9. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    I have talked to Hauer's Music and they will be displaying multiple horns from their vintage collection. Even more, Yamaha will be providing various horns. All will be on display and available for anyone to play during the Dayton Trumpet Hang. Just remember to bring your mouthpiece

Also, if you plan on attending any of the events associated with the Dayton Trumpet Hang please consider calling either Wendy or Barbara at Hauer's Music to register. Registration isn't required, but it will help immensely in planning for the participants.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Please note updated information regarding contact and registration from the original announcement