Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Since you got him to come to Dayton, can you get him to come to TM?

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not when I get comments posted by Kingtrumpet stating: "Yeah, I was hoping for Doc Severinsen, or Chad Shoopman, or Eric Miyrashiro or someone -- well known ---" I am betting Allen has the experience and insight not to be offended by such a comment, but comments like this really don't "show the love" or respect someone of Allan Vizzutti's stature diserves.

So KT, if you agree, do consider editing out your comment, and I will take this one out, because there is a good chance Allen may be reading this.

ALSO:
    To demonstrate what a good sport, I will be posting on this thread some of Allen's personal bio that he enjoys to send out to show you what a good sport he really is.

3. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    To be honest, (dont hate me) but I have heard many good things about him. But never really read about him or looked up his playing. I am sure I have heard it, but never took the time to look him up.

I know what I will be doing for the next few hours, or until I fall asleep.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Allen Vizzutti Bio Part 1: Introduction

Allen Vizzutti has never been in prison. He has never jumped out of a flying airplane. He has gone swimming with sharks in the South Seas, which prepared him for later life in Hollywood.

He attended college at the Eastman School of Music, which proved to be a very positive springboard from which he dove into the wierd and twisted world of professional music. It was there he met a marvelous and beautiful pianist named Laura who married him much later - after listening to 17 years of his begging.

In the next post... His Home Upbringing

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Let me start you with Night Breeze. I am hoping when he sends in his song list to the Quintet, he includes this one:

Night Breeze - Allen Vizzutti - YouTube

And do keep reading my bio clips of Allen Vizzutti

6. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Oh, I am. Cant wait to see how he got his big break! Do we need to post for you to give us more?

2,500 post, that makes me a Fortissimo User. Thanks TM!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  7. Mr. Stomvi

Mr. Stomvi Pianissimo User

Nov 14, 2003
    So you are sittin there saying to yourself "OK - the trumpet hang in Dayton could be cool, and the brass band concert featuring the Ohio Valley British Brass Band (which I play in) is gonna be great with Allen Vizzutti as guest soloist, and the gig at Gilly's with Allen and Eddie Brookshire is most certainly gonna rock, but surely there has to be some other reason to go to Dayton, Ohio. I mean - Dayton, Ohio for god's sake ????

OK - So here is another great reason to visit Dayton.

The National U.S. Air Force Museum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check it out - National Museum of the USAF - Home

If you haven't been there - it is freakin unbelievable !!!!!!!!! Trust me. I live here !! It's a REALLY BIG DEAL !!!!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What He Said... Dayton is a GREAT PLACE.
    Come for the Hang... Come for Dayton...

It's an honor Mr. Stomvi to share the same great city with you.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    If Allen is viewing then he will certainly understand. I am 47, so I grew up on listening to Doc on the "tonight Show" - and as for "high note" guys ---- well (since Maynard is passed away --- he couldn't attend) --- and then there is chad Shoopman and Eric Myrashiro. YES -- I could mention other FAMOUS trumpet players -- and unfortunately most of them are passed away. The famous players that I have albums of are Maynard, Phil Driscoll, Doc Severinsen, Al Hirt, Herb Alpert, Chuck Mangione, etc ----SORRY to say ----- but the FACT is, I don't have any Allen Vizzuti albums ---- AND NEVER HEARD OF HIM until my comeback of 3+ years ago ------ those are the FACTS, and ONLY the FACTS. -----
    Allen if you are viewing -- I am sorry, so sorry, that I only have a few albums ---- and don't KNOW all of the trumpet players in the world.

OH WAIT --- I know Keith Fiala shows up on TM occasionally -- and though he was very helpful in my comeback -- I actually don't have any of his albums either ---- BUT I HAVE BOTH OF HIS BOOKS, and some very influential personal emails from him........................................

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    come to think of it --- I don't even have a complete album from you either GM ---- so sad, so very sad ---- BUT by listening to a couple of your singles --- I am putting you on the list for the next album purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW your moving up in the world ---- I will purchase your music before Allen's. so sad, so very sad ---- I am so sorry Allen Vizzutti --- I heard of Gary Onady, and listened to his music, before I ever got to you ------ I am so sorry, that GM is higher on the list of album purchases. ROFL ROFL ROFL