Dayton Trumpet Hang

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Apr 14, 2012.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Registration Reminder

Register in advance to aid in effective planning by calling Hauer Music at 937.222.2815. Ask for Wendy or Barbara at Hauer Music when talking to the receptionist, as both of these individuals have been instructed on how to register for the event. Please mention to the person answering the phone that you are interested in the Trumpet Hang and to connect you to Wendy or Barbara.

2. yooncanoe

yooncanoe New Friend

Dec 27, 2011
    Columbus Ohio
    I'm there! Having lived in Dayton for many years - I also believe it is a great place for a hang.
    Hauer Music is also a great music store with a great repair tech in Gary Dafler!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It'll be great to meet you! Was at the Columbus trumpet hang in the Fall that was a real inspiration for this one. Yeah, I've been giving Gary a lot of business recently. Will be seeing him next week to fix a dent in my third valve slide that I shot off my Kanstul flugelhorn last night at a gig. Those half valve releases are dangerous!

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OK ---- bought it ---- BUT what if the contrary opinion is proposed -- -GEE Allen, your a pretty good trumpet player -- but GM is much funnier looking, and I like his trumpet playing better??????????? ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Well, at least you'd be right on the funnier looking part.

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Allen Vizzutti Bio Part 5: Family Background

Mr. Vizzutti is proud of and outclassed by his wife and collaborator, Laura. She plays music beautifully and is a lot better to look at than he is. They live in Seattle, have 3 pretty cool offspring and no current pets. Marcella the rabbit was choked by a dog, Fluffy the fish was found floating upside down and subsequently flushed, and Hobs the hamster, was smacked in the middle of the night by Grandma, in her bedroom, with a shoe.

Stay tuned for the next in the series: Part 6: Disclaimer

7. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    A lot of folks in the North East and other largely populated areas have some stereotypical ideas that are pure nonsense, and consequently make them the ignorant ones, don't you think? Some of the country's most creative people come from Rural/Big Sky/Fly Over states that the big time city folks largely dismiss.

8. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    Great point BigDub,
    In Mr, Vizzitti's case, he is an extraordinary trumpet player with a creative sense of humor as evidenced by his biography.

I realize it would be about at a 10 hour trip by car from Southern NJ, but I hope you and some friendds will consider joining us. For what it's worth Interstate 76 connects with Interstate 70 in western Pennsylvania and I-70 passes about four miles north of Dayton. It is a straight shot across NJ, PA and OH that I have made several times. Not too bad a trip. Hopefully, you can make it.

9. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Clarification: Central Jersey, not south. [ not that it changes anything about my getting there ] there are other circumstances that may prevent me from being there.......I only wish I could make it....

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    interdimensional travel --- just "think" you will be there -- and you just might be ---- ooops, that was medicine from the 60's and 70's ---- far out dude -- ROFL ROFL ROFL