DCI Tickets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by a marching trumpet, Apr 22, 2009.

1. a marching trumpet

a marching trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Im new to buyin DCI tickets, and their comin to my city and all, do they normally sell out? and if they do how quickly after the tickets go on sale?

2. lemmon13

lemmon13 New Friend

Mar 7, 2009
  3. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Depends on the venue. For the regular shows in a big stadium they might not sell out, but the best seats go first (and fast). Contact the host corps, the venue, or even the DCI website as early as possible...

4. lemmon13

lemmon13 New Friend

Mar 7, 2009
    im hopeing to go to the competiton in Normal,IL. i know its at a collage i dont know if that counts hope it wont be sold out

5. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    We have 3 different nicknames for shows in Spirit.
    1. Local Gigs
    2. Regional Nightmares
    3. Final Chaos

The local shows, ex. high school and college stadiums, usually have seats open. Tickets for these shows can be bought both at the stadium or online at DCI.org.
    Regional Shows always sell out, and if they don't the prices get jacked up at the stadium. It really depends which show you are attending. I recommend, if it's close by, Allentown. That's by far the funnest regional. Tickets for these shows SHOULD be bought online.
    Finals.....what can I say?.....QUICK, RUN NOW, GO ONLINE, BUY THE TICKETS. They will sell out fast. Final is THE BEST show you can attend. Everyone's first drum corp show needs to finals. Trust me, mine was in 2003. I was part of the crowd that nearly started a riot when Phantom Regiment's Harmonic Journey placed 3rd.

Regionals and Finals showcase all the corps. They work it into 2 different programs. The lower corps will play in the morning, they compete for the spots in the night show.
    Then at night the top 10 corps will march.
    Finals is a 3 day process, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals, and Finals
    Its fun.

Dci.org is the place to go. It's really easy it walks you through the process.

Hope to see you there. Cheer for me :)

6. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Yeah, the only performance in tennessee that I know of is july 23 and 24 down here in murfreesboro at MTSU stadium. I have to wait till I finish all of the work my dad gave me to buy seats. So, itll be a month from now or so before I can buy, I think tickets are on sale.?

7. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Um should I try and get em now?

8. willbarber

willbarber Piano User

Nov 22, 2008
    Medina, NY
    If you know you can make it, there's no harm in getting them early.
    Then you can get the seats you want.

Take some pics and videos for us!
    I love watching corps.

9. a marching trumpet

Feb 11, 2009
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Well me and my dad are goin, I may take pics, but not a video, to much trouble to where you cant enjoy it, Im gonna go get to see abunch of my friends play (their seniors this year and leaving for college soon)

10. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    This one is free.........
    Welcome! | JazzFest 2009 in Murfreesboro, TN - Presented by Main Street

Hey, Neighbor, goin to the jazz fest? SEE YOU THERE!