Dealing with failures :/

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Cpt.Funk, Dec 4, 2012.

1. sj3209

sj3209 Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    Amador County, Calif.
    Thanks for posting this. I'm really looking forward to trying it. The whole concept resonated well with me and explained in words what I've been trying to do. This gives me another vehicle.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    What I've done is "spilt milk", it's what I'll do that matters now, my Grandaddy told me. Such common sense may seem redundant, but the future is better when one persists with practice to the state of acccomplishment. I'm still persisting ... dogmatically.

3. Needs Practice

Needs Practice New Friend

Oct 14, 2012
    San Jose CA.
    One of my favorite Winston Churchill quotes...

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And I am still dogmatic, persistantly.

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    The simplest solution is not to fail. That is not even that hard to accomplish.

I question every single embouchure change here. They just reek of holy grail and silver bullet.

There is so much qualified advice based on decent daily routine and paying your dues, why anyone tries to download a cheat, I will NEVER know.

Evolution not REVOLUTION is the key to success. A decent daily routine with some monitoring from a teacher that knows better is an easy way to take the small steps that lead forward.