Dehydration

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by alant, Oct 16, 2011.

1. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    Hilarious! Just for the record (since it really matters...phffft), bell blindness is something I completely fabricated, I put it in quotes just to draw out the fish....and they took the bait. See how fast all of a sudden something that ridiculous can become the subject advice like "turn the offending light off or change the angle of the bell."

Wow...much too easy.

gmonady likes this.
  2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    tdi?

3. LJH

LJH Pianissimo User

Feb 11, 2007
    Dayton, OH
    We (I) knew that. Lol

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I guess you spend no time on stage with lighting. It is an issue. That is what dress rehearsals are for. We call them Generalproben here. Whenever there is a soloist, there is trouble with lighting.

As far as the name goes, there enough here that make them up as they go. Most of them spend no time on stage either.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oh, I do not know this as so my young Turtle man. There is an interesting article published by the highly reputable British Medical Journal a couple years ago with the title "Safe Sax" and it tried to analyze why it was that sax players died at such a young age. It was an interesting read and they used drug abuse statistics among jazz musicians to control against sax players. The real scary thing is that sax players mortality averaged at age 47, while other instrumentalists has an average life expectancy into the 70's. The article concluded, that the mortality in sax players likely related to CIRCULAR BREATHING. Can you believe it! So yes, perhaps, just perhaps the instrument can effect our health, but I for one am a proponent for extending not decreasing life.

6. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    You guessed wrong...nothing hurt.