Dents

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by SpiritDCI08, Feb 24, 2009.

1. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Recently my new horn, a Cesilio, has recieve a few dents.
    One on the rim on the bell, and one on the tuning slide.
    The local music shop sends their horns off to some random company far far away. It take about 3 weeks to send and recieve your horn back. That doesn't fit my performance and practice schedules.
    So my question is....how do you undent your horn in the safest way possible?

Any thing would help.
    Thanks

2. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    You don't... you wait until the schedule fits into your pratice and performance schedule. It is extremely unadvisable for you to try and remove dents yourself. You might try finding out where they are sending the horn and then contact the repair shop yourself. Also, talking with some trumpet players in your area may reveal repair people other than the local music store.

3. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Thanks
    We're from the same area. Do you know any good safe ones that are quick?

4. et_mike

et_mike Mezzo Forte User

Oct 16, 2007
    Chesapeake, VA
    Unfortunately no.... I send my Schilke back to Schilke when it needs work. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out. I know Fluglegirl is from the area too, she might be more in the know than I am.

5. SpiritDCI08

SpiritDCI08 Piano User

Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Campbell, KY
    Thank you for the advice :)

6. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    See if you can find a shop that will give you a decent loaner to use while they send your horn away. They may ask for a deposit (to ensure that you take care of their horn) but at least you'll have something to use while you wait...