Detroit's Mayor still in office!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    http://www.detnews.com/index.htm

Egads what is it with the people of the city of Detroit....

I thought for sure they'd throw this punk out of office, I know I sure would have but I guess that's just me.

I guess the citizens of Hockeytown proper like poor managers, Coleman Young comes to mind as an example.

Chuck, my other Michigan bretheren, what do you think? Anyone else any thoughts...

Discuss......

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    The challenger was ahead, big time until the last week. Mayor Hip Hop was way ahead with people under 40 years old. With the beautiful weather we had yesterday there was an unusually large turnout at the polls. This administration has been FULL of corruption and scandal. Parties at the Mayoral mansion, strippers, gigantic expense accounts for dinners, trips, booze, etc. A body guard staff bigger than any other mayor in the country. BUT, his hip hop image and lifestyle is very appealing to that young people and they came out and voted.
    It is unbelievable......no, sadly it is the way things are.

-cw-

3. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Amen, my brother in brass!

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Meanwhile, in Maryland, Lt. Governor Steele gets Oreo cookies thrown at him during speeches and has lovely caricatures of himself drawn by bloggers in minstrel blackface; this, for having the audacity to declare he's running for the Senate.

I hate that kind of crap.

It sounds like they're suffering from Marion Barry disease in Motor City. Too bad.

ML

5. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    Mayor Kilpatrick

I live on the left coast of Michigan and really shouldn't have any reason for personal concern, BUT, whatever happens in 'The Big City' has a spillover effect on us. I am apalled by the result, but, I am a firm believer in,"vocs populae, vocs dei", the voice of the people is the voice of God. Our nation was founded on the premise that the majority shall rule.

OLDLOU>>

6. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

The first thought that comes to me is "voter fraud".

Detroit Public Schools standardized test scores are full of fraud. The city certainly is also.

7. gregc

gregc Mezzo Piano User

Apr 5, 2004
    New York, U.S. of A.
    Wow. Them's serious allegations. I hope it's not true.
    greg :cry:

8. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

Here is the tip of an iceberg. Detroit isn't special. There is massive voter fraud all over the U.S.A. Particularly where Democrats are in charge of the voting process.

http://www.detnews.com/2005/metro/0511/09/A01-377060.htm

9. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Nothing corrupts absolutly like power...
    It's not what you know, but who you know...

I could go on, but you get the idea.

10. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    On a personal level there is credit card fraud. On a political level there is voter fraud. I'm not surprised.

The moral fibre of the world is desolving before our very eyes. Look at Rap music, it's the living proof!