DFW TrumpetFest

Discussion in 'Horns' started by drtrumpet1, Dec 8, 2005.

1. drtrumpet1

drtrumpet1 New Friend

Jan 12, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Good morning, fellow trumpeters! I wanted to announce the DFW TrumpetFest that will be held this Saturday, December 10th from 9am to 4pm in the North Mesquite High School band room. Bert Truax will host a clinic at 11am, and John Holt will hold his at 2pm. We will have Stomvi, Yamaha, Conn-Selmer, Schilke, and Getzen trumpets, among others. A couple of individiuals will be bringing their extensive collections, also. Door prizes will be given away. Here is a link to a map for the North Mesquite High band room:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...rkMdTwNvaKdRORZ5XNF4U1KRwR95Y/TpbzQlOOzriQl17

The address is 18201 LBJ Freeway, Mesquite, TX. The band room is on the northeast corner of the building - you'll be facing it as soon as you turn in to the parking lot. I hope to see all of you there!

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    And the winner for the world's longest url...

ML

3. drtrumpet1

drtrumpet1 New Friend

Jan 12, 2005
    Lewisville, TX
    Boy, that's the truth. I tried to find a shorter link, but this one had the best map.

I wanted to let everyone know too - Yamaha will have their new New York Bb trumpet available at the fest as well, so if you want to try it out, come to see us!

4. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Here's something I just received:

The DFW Trumpetfest is tomorrow 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at North Mesquite High School

Apologies for the last minute email! Just a reminder that instruments from Bach, Bob Reeves, Calicchio, Conn-Selmer, Getzen, Kanstul, Schillke, Stomvi, Yamaha and others will be available for players of all ages at the DFW Trumpetfest on Saturday, December 10 at North Mesquite High, in the band room.

Bert Truax (11:00 a.m.) and John Holt (2:00 p.m.) will be hosting clinics, and the Yamaha New York Bb will be available at the festival. The new Mike Vax Getzen trumpet will also be there.

The clinics should be suitable for all ages, leaning towards intermediate to advanced. Bert Truax will provide a basic brass clinic, which is good for all ages. The clinics will be about an hour each.

In addition, Stephen Colley will be doing a presentation on his tune-up system.

[email protected] • Horn Haven

5. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    It figures...of all the times they do it...right in the middle of finals...