DFW Trumpetfest

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bruce Lee, Aug 23, 2006.

1. bobtrumpet

bobtrumpet New Friend

Jan 4, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    I will be there, and I'm looking forward to it tremendously!

Regards,

Bob Eye
    Dallas, TX

2. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    We are currently looking into hotel accommodations for our out of town guests who are planning on attending the DFW Trumpetfest. Once again, the days for the event are Friday, October 20th, and Saturday, October 21st.

Once we have an idea of how many rooms we'll need, we can negotiate a discount. A list of the available hotels will be posted on the Official DFW Trumpetfest Website as soon as we have completed our planning for the event.

Please post your response on this thread, or send me a PM, if you are interested. Thank you!

Cheers!
    Bruce

3. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I can only say I'm going to make every attempt to make it, but home is close enough that I can make it without a room. Just kinda depends on homework, labs, etc.

Michael
    College Station/Gainesville, TX

4. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    We have received an excellent discounted rate on accomodations from the Omni Hotel. It is 25% off their online rate. FYI... Other hotels that I called quoted me $60.00 more than the Omni's price. In order to guarantee that rate, we need to reserve a block of 10 rooms.

Addtional information is that the Texas State Fair will be going on at the same time as the DFW Trumpetfest. So, it's very important that we commit early.

Here is a link to the Omni, so that everyone can see the amenities that they offer:

http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel/DallasParkWest.aspx

Please respond by PM, or e-mail, ASAP.

Thanks!
    Bruce

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  5. Reverend

Reverend Pianissimo User

Nov 9, 2003
    Greater Houston area
    I'll be there too...

Hello to everyone!

I will be attending on Saturday as well, representing the Stage 1 line of trumpets! I look forward to making many new friends!

Blessings,

6. Tom_MacNiven

Tom_MacNiven Pianissimo User

Dec 13, 2003
    Glasgow, Scotland, UK
    Wow! I wish I could afford the air fare!!

Sounds like it's going to be a great event.

Hurrumph!! You lucky things!!!

7. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The DFW Trumpetfest is only a month away! The feedback and interest that I've received from people, about the DFW Trumpetfest, has been very good. The final details will be posted very shortly!

Lookin' forward to seein' y'all there! [​IMG]

Cheers!
    Bruce

PS - As a reminder, if you will be coming in from out of town and you'll need lodging, please book your room reservations early, as the Texas State Fair will be in progress during the time of the DFW Trumpetfest.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  8. 40cal

40cal Forte User

Dec 13, 2005
    Minnesota
    That sounds like a good time.

9. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    18 days and counting, for the DFW Trumpetfest!

We have had a slight change in the program, due to scheduling conflicts. Alex Yates, Eclipse Artist, has informed me that her previously contracted European performance venues have been rescheduled. Alex will be soloing with two brass bands in West Vlaanderen, and she's doing a dual piccolo recital with Petre, at Onze Lieve Vrouw van Scherpenheuval, in Belgium. (Alex will be correcting my spelling, etc. ;-) )

I have arranged for Trent Austin, Eclipse Artist, to come in from Boston, to do the Friday and Saturday recitals, and a master class on Saturday. Thanks, Trent! :D

See y'all soon!

Cheers!
    Bruce

PS - If you're coming from out of town, please don't forget to book your room reservations. Because we couldn't guarantee enough reservations for a block at the Omni, y'all are on your own. ;-)

10. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I was really looking forward to the DFW Trumpet Fest and sorry to be missing this event. Life happens and I have music to make overseas, but the light shines no less bright in Dallas/Ft. Worth. Bruce and Trent have got things ready to go and all in attendance will be in for a treat. If you haven't heard Trent do his thing yet, the DFW Fest is a good time to treat yourself. You won't be disappointed.

Tear it up guys! :play:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006