Di Nicola trumpets

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ed haley, Apr 8, 2008.

1. ed haley

ed haley New Friend

Mar 1, 2008
    Chicago
    I have recently started over (for the umpteenth time) after not playing for about 5 years. During that time I sold my Edwards horn _with all the lead pipe, bell configurations- a wonderful Courtois flugelhorn and a Yamaha cornet. I am now left with a Besson cornet, a Buescher cornet and a trumpet made by Bob Di Nicola. I never really used the trumpet but now I am starting to play it. I don't have good chops yet but it seems to be a pretty good horn in all registers. I don't know anyone who has had one and I wondered what the consensus is about the horn. Anyone have any experience that they can pass along?

2. nieuwguyski

nieuwguyski Forte User

Aug 9, 2004
    Santa Cruz County, CA
    I owned a Puje, some years ago, but have never played, held, or even seen one of DeNicola's trumpets. I do remember reading or hearing that DeNicola was a fan of the Selmer K-Modified trumpet, and that his trumpets (built with Blessing components) were inspired by the Selmer design.

And I do remember seeing one or two of his trumpets in the used trumpets section of the Dillon Music website that had the valves-forward "balanced" layout, like the famous Selmer Balanced models. As I recall, one of the balanced DeNicolas was a C trumpet.

3. Claude Gnocchi

Claude Gnocchi Mezzo Forte User

Aug 16, 2006
    National Harbor Maryland
    Post an image of your de nicola.......

4. ed haley

ed haley New Friend

Mar 1, 2008
    Chicago
    Sorry to say I no longer have the horn.

5. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    If this is the Dinacola that lived in Trenton NJ, and later in FL, I would love to hear about the horn. He made me a custom mouthpiece around 1976 that I value more than my entire horn collection. He worked with me over 2 days to develop it.