Did you guys check out the 4 year old?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Alex Yates, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    On the home page for TM there is an article about this four year old boy playing the trumpet. The picture alone is worth a thousand words. How adorable and impressive! Check out the video for sure! WOW!

2. someone

someone Pianissimo User

Jan 7, 2006
    California
    Darn, more competition :)

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Wow. Did you click on the link to hear him? I think I know whose CD's are going to be in high demand in about 15 years...

4. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    Very cool. I thought I started early in 3rd grade, lol! daaaaang.

I wonder how everything will turn out physically when he gets bigger. But I guess i was still pretty small in 3rd grade, but at least a little bigger and more developed muscles.

They should have him play at ITG, ,hehe.

5. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Over achiever! :lol:

Let me just restate my position after watching the video.

WOW! :cool:

I'm impressed..... Sadly this kid will start outplaying me very soon.

Alex Help! :-P

6. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    How great is that!!!

If you haven't seen the video please do.
    He has these beautiful eyes to boot.

Lets do the math, does Chris Martin have enough time to get a good career in with the CSO? :lol:

7. upoils

upoils Pianissimo User

Aug 1, 2005
    Philomath, Oregon
  8. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    What will happen when this kid loses his baby teeth??

9. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Charlie Geyer began at age 5 and seemed to turn out OK. LOL. (one of my favorite players of all time)

That might be the beauty of our instrument, Collin. As he grows and has larger lung capacity, the airstream will change and his embouchure will adjust and form naturally. Many middle school children go through this with braces and other dental issues and tend to get through it all right. Awwww....I feel bad though. When he's missing those two front teeth and the many others that will form holes in the front row, you're right, he won't be able to play. Awwww...... :cry:

You know....I bet you some genius dentist will find a way to keep him going.....you watch.

BINGO! I have the answer. Have an "invisiline" (type of invisible braces) mouthguard made and it will simulate having a full set of teeth until they grow in. Of course, there are some design issues to figure out as the teeth lengthen, but the answer hovers around something like that.

10. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    What do you know, our very own attractive, cigar smoking, social drinking, wonder woman of trumpet playing is also able to solve dental issues not yet encounted in a single post.

Alex, you never cease to amaze me! :wave:

I am not worthy indeed! :bleah: