Did you guys check out the 4 year old?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Alex Yates, Jan 10, 2006.

1. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    I started in second grade.
    There was a sax player who was even younger, he started on an curved soprano sax. He could really play! Robert Eugene Peppi, I will never forget that kid.
    I don't think he continued playing after high school.
    Wilmer

2. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    There is an article in this month's ITG journal about Carol Reinhardt. She started at 2!

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Fabulous!

ML

4. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    I don't know about you folks, but I wish someone had gotten me interested when I was that young.

Alex, good point on the growing into the horn... etc... not so sure a temp brace would work though. I would think he would need flat surface... if I understood you correctly.

Alexandria, VA is the old stomping ground for BANDMAN and I. Although I don't know the kids teacher personaly, I have heard of him to be an excellent teacher.

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I don't know about anyone else, but for me, the things I was interested in as a 4 year old are certainly not the things that interested me 10-15 years later.

I didn't even start to excel at trumpet until I was 13 and had been playing for aver 2 years.

It will be interesting to see if the little phenom can maintain it and keep it going.

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Ya know...

It's sad to say, but on "Satin Doll" he swings better than some people I know.
    [​IMG]
    -cw-

7. abinder

abinder New Friend

Dec 24, 2005
    Heilbronn; germany
    It's unbelievable how young the lions are today :whistle:

8. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    :lol: You have a way of putting things that make me.....well....how do I say this.....Chuckle! LOLOLOLOL.

9. oj

oj Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2005
    Norway
    An interesting thing with Carole and Geoffrey was that when their mother saw what they did (Carole used a slide trumpet btw), they both showed the kid how to produce a sound. This was crucial for Caroles mother.

Pip Eastop, horn player in UK, has a nice website about how his son, Zak, learned to play the alto horn (called tenor horn in UK).

Zak startet at age 4.

http://www.pyp.f2s.com/html/beginnerzak.htm

Ole

P.S.
    The best classical trumpeter in Norway, Ole Edvard Antonsen, started at five.

10. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit