Diet, Supplementation and Trumpet Playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamba21500, Sep 7, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    And I agree... I am the perfect example as to a growing body of evidence for all the carbohydrate supplemenetations that I use.

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    The gastroenterologists particularly like the latter two of that combination, when taken in combination. Inside every stomach is a $1,000 bill waiting to be plucked by the endoscopist.

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Oh. Is that how I got pancreatitis?

4. Honkie

Honkie Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2013
    A moderate, sensible approach always works. It's dangerous to think that some "magic bullet" can improve one's competitive edge. A lot of people get into trouble this way. An extreme example: Lance Armstrong.

5. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    My body is growing too...............sideways.

Regards, Stuart.

6. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

I find these "recent studies" to be about as useful as the claims by certain "scientists" that global warming isn't being caused by human activity. It's not just about what you eat, but what you absorb. I would suggest not taking any supplements if you don't want to have the types of micro nutrients that you're not getting in the food that you eat. Even the healthiest eaters are missing nutritition, especially if they're older. At the very least, a good probiotic and a multivitamin. It might be interesting to see who these "experts" are working for. If it's a very large pharmaceutical company, then their opinions and conclusions are very suspect.

Go forth and supplement!

Turtle

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and that my dear TM friends is GREAT ADVICE from a "Limey" --- after all they suffered SCURVY so you didn't have to!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and in all the nutrition discussions here - -let's not forget to get lots of protein ---- Eggs are a wonderful source of protein!!!! ( come by my roadside "egg shack" -- where I sell eggs at $2/dozen ------------- it's the best deal in town!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    that's got one of those beats that I will probably NOT be able to get out of my head all day !! ---- good thing is, I can probably remember all the lyrics!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL wooooo---ooooooohh wooooooo---ooooooohhh ROFL ROFL ROFL