Dietary habits before playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rikrdo, Apr 8, 2005.

1. rikrdo

rikrdo New Friend

Mar 9, 2004
    Sunny So Cal
    Hello Manny.

My questions are:
    1: Do you eat before playing? and if so , what is the cut off time before starting ? :dontknow:
    2: What kind of Scotch do you like and why ?
    and .....
    3: What advice do you have for a 42 yr-old CB player with about 1 hr/wk to "dedicate" to practice ?

Thanks again for all the time you spend with / for us here

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I eat fairly lightly before shows and my diet is varied. Sometimes I'll go all carb, sometimes all protein and veggies, sometimes balanced. The point is to be done about two or more hours before I play.

I'm not a big drinker, to be truthful, but I appreciate a good beer after a show, a robust red wine with a meal or some stinky cheese, or a Glen Morangie scotch before I go to bed. I'm a very cheap date. I have one drink and I can stay with that just about all night. I prefer to have my wits about me while all others are losing theirs.

My advice to you is to play on the lightest equipment you can find and play totally for your own enjoyment. You can't ask for much more than that if that's all the time you have. If you focus on breathing fully you might get more bang for your buck.

ML

3. rikrdo

rikrdo New Friend

Mar 9, 2004
    Sunny So Cal
    Thanks for the reply, Manny.

I have to admit that even I am amazed at what I have retained re: "skills". After 15 yrs I thought the road back would be impossible but I really believe I practiced and played all those years just to be able to play NOW in our church's worship orch. I still have a long way to go but I am very fortunate to be able to pick up the horn every now and then and still be able to produce music.

Again, thanks for all you are doing here. If I had had this access (TM forum, your sage advice, all the others who contribute)20 yrs ago I might never have put the horn down at all.

Take good care.