Difference between Yamaha Xeno and Yamaha pro

Discussion in 'Horns' started by student trumpet, Aug 4, 2005.

1. student trumpet

student trumpet Pianissimo User

Dec 7, 2004
    Minnesota
    I am wondering what the difference is between the two horns 8445 and 6445H or any other yamaha and it's Xeno counterpart. do they make them differently or is it just marketing.

thank you

Tim

2. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    The 6xxx series horns were their top models from the mid 80's to about 4-5 years ago. The Xenos(8xxx) are the upgrades. They have horns that have the sames specs but their changes the way they made the horns a little. The caps and finger buttons are different as well as the water key and some braces. I think they changed the way they manufacture the leadpipe as well.

I remember when I bought my 6335HII that there was a 8335 available as well. I remember liking this Xeno a little better than the horn I ended up buying but I saved about $1000 because the 6xxx's were on clearance. I went with the 6335 because even though the 8335 was a better it wasn't $1000 better, if you know what I mean.

The 6xxx's are excellent horns and you may be able to find one at a great price so try and compare both the old models and the new Xenos.

They're not like computers. The old ones aren't obsolete, they'er just different.