Difficult concert, advise needed

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by VetPsychWars, Jan 22, 2013.

1. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    The only problem I have with Rowuk's advice is that he beat me to it some of it...
    I was thinking major increase in practice time for sure, didn't know about the half volume aspect ... which is cool.
    I was also thinking if I had to do something like this I might pull out my 1929 Conn 22b ... very easy to play and cuts without too much effort.
    Sounds like a fun gig.

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Only 5 in my comeback repertoire, but Tchaikovsky's March Slave, has my toe aching as though I played it in high school or college or am I thinking of something with a dreary beat of bombards.

3. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Take my advice and stay alive to fight another day.

Before circuses began using tracks, we had to play the shows live and they always used two first cornet players splitting the lead.

I visited with Merle Evans about this concept and he agreed that it was the only way at that time.

Some of the monster players from earlier times could do it one on a part but they were playing under different conditions and with different equipment.

Don't try to be a hero, it's not going to work. Play it smart and use an assistant!