Discovering the "Tension/Suppleness Threshold Factor"

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Local 357, Aug 14, 2012.

1. jellesmiecht

jellesmiecht New Friend

Jun 1, 2012
    I played a high F# today, with good tone, never got to high D before this :) in just a week

(with good breath support, posture and pivot of course )

2. Haste2

Haste2 Piano User

Jun 16, 2010
    My range is crap, typically. But, there were two days in my life (years ago) I was able to play high Fs/Gs, triple forte (I managed forte A-flats, as well). Makes me wonder if I shifted my embouchure to that in just the perfect way by accident. My embouchure has NEVER been consistent... Then again, it could have been breathing/relaxation/posture-related, I just don't know....

Otherwise, the highest good-sounding loud note I've ever played on one of my own mouthpieces was a high E (which is very rare), and typically I can only play a high D, maybe E-flat, but only when my lips are fresh.

3. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    You know there's a REASON for this: Your lip can not vibrate above High C due to lack of positioning below the upper teeth OR from being too firm.

Your post told us this when you qualified the remark

OK what is different when your chops are fresh? I'll answer that: they are more vibrant. Now just do a search on my ZEV and T/STF, read, incorporate and EXPECT a solid High f to G within a couple weeks. Maybe even within a few minutes. You might need to take a couple months to put it out on the bandstand but you'll get it.

The thing is you kinda have to want it. Only those people who want it will be likely or willing to read the sources I gave you and actually put it together. The curious thing is that its so EASY!!! My second trumpet man in our R & B gig could do this but he's satisfied with his High C range. Never-the-less he keeps cutting his upper lip open on the gig.

Some are SLOW LEARNERS...

Our buddy jellesmiecht studied ZEV and T/STF and now he's playing the High F#. Never having played anything up to the High D before. He may only be in high school but he now knows more than a whole room full of Claude Gordons. At least on developing respectable range that is...

Last edited: Aug 26, 2012