DIY dent removal - first blood!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Repair and Modification' started by tjcombo, Feb 27, 2013.

1. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Have just posted a couple of videos on Youtube (first crack at that too) showing my home-made dent balls and an old Pan Am cornet which is a work in progress. All fairly primitive, but I'm having fun:-) ...and that's what matters.

DIY dent tools - YouTube
    cornet test - YouTube

tj

Peter McNeill likes this.
  2. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Brave Man -

Nice Vid, and nice Bike.
    Cheers

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Good one tj, I recommend the Votaw 63 pc ball set and economy Driver, can work through the bell throat right up to the 1st valve. I have made some of my own for tuning slides with tighter bends. My first balls were made from bearing balls softened, drilled and tapped 4mm and 6mm to fit various rods.

Have fun.

Regards, Stuart.

4. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I think I might be closer to spending money with Mr Votaw than I'd expected Stuart. I was looking at the Driver you mentioned on their web site last night. Had thought about using a car/bike cable to make one, but it would still be second-best to the real thing.

Hope you realise the problem your GSM custom has caused me? My n+1 is morphing into OCD. I've gotta do a homebrew horn :-)

5. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    I have a couple of square feet of 16 gauge brass and copper sheet if you want to experiment with heavy braces.

Regards, Stuart.

6. tjcombo

tjcombo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks Stuart. I'm pretty right for odds and sods of sheet, but will PM you about the driver.

regards

tj