DIZZY & PARKER & ROACH "NEW RECORDING"

Discussion in 'Jazz / Commercial' started by Solar Bell, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    This previously unknown concert recording from 1945 of one of the greatest groups in jazz history, the Dizzy Gillespie Quintet with Charlie Parker, exceeds the listener's lofty expectations. First, the quality of the music is at the highest level of inspiration, with the innovations of Parker and Gillespie still fresh, new and exciting. Parker and Gillespie are both in astounding form. Second, the quality of the recording is very good this is an essential jazz recording and one of the great music discoveries of the last fifty years.

http://uptownjazz.net/

-cw-

2. bas

bas Pianissimo User

Jun 2, 2005
    Iowa City, IA/Corfu, GR
    CW....I second your comments....I just got hip to this recording last week. It was released on a label co-owned, I think, by Chuck Nessa, a jazz writer. This is absolutely THE BEST Dizzy that I heard on record. His recorded sound is crisp and clear and his lines are incredible and flawlessly executed. The recorded sound of the whole ensemble is pristine. This side is a wonderful addition to the bebop body of work...I've been searching for it, but can't remember the name of this recording....anyone help us out??