Dizzy?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JHarris, Jul 20, 2004.

1. JHarris

JHarris New Friend

Jul 13, 2004
    I recently learnd of a new breathing exercies where you remoe the mp and blow air as fast as you can into the mp reciever. I keep on geting dizzy after the 4-5 times.

How can i do this exercies without getting dizzy?
    Is getting dizzy good or does it mean i am doing this wrong?

Thanks,
    Jharris

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    ugh do you read any of the answers people post for you?

I bet you came from TPO, didnt you?

3. JHarris

JHarris New Friend

Jul 13, 2004
    Trumpetherald.com

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    I have heard of that exercise.... except that it wasn't explained as an exercise to me but rather as a warm-up thing. I think it fits in nicely with some simple but specific stretching/breathing exercises to get the ol' rib cage loosened up and ready to "give it's all".

5. JHarris

JHarris New Friend

Jul 13, 2004
    What do you mean?

6. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    That has to be one of the most asinine breathing exercises I have ever heard of and if you would have read what most of use have posted you would have known that before you tried to do that exercise.

If you don’t have one already get a private teacher and then go read and then reread what you have been told thus far( and read all the old post from before you joined as well). In the questions posted so far by you the members of this site have given you a great deal of information to ponder and even more information by means of sources such as articles and books that will require much work on your part to comprehend. You keep posting as if one of us can give you some magic short cut and I promise you there is none.

7. Trumpet Dude

Trumpet Dude New Friend

Jul 20, 2004
    Hey, dfp, have you tryed the exercies? I have and it has done wonders for my breathing and sound.

Jharris, u will be dizzy for some time but it will stop if you work with it for some time.

Good luck,
    Trumpet Dude

8. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    it just seems that most of the exercsies I have seen posted so far are all about how many bad habits you can incorporate in to your playing.

maybe I am missing something here but the way this exercsie has been discribed so far sounds pretty silly.

9. Trumpet Dude

Trumpet Dude New Friend

Jul 20, 2004
    It does seem stupid but it opens your throat. thus helping the blowing process

10. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    If you want to help open up the throat practice flutter tonguing flow studies , triple tonguing or a breathing tube. Not some breathing exercise that encourages blowing “too hardâ€.