Dizzy?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by JHarris, Jul 20, 2004.

1. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    why i am not surprised?

2. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    might i suggust a typing class, i thought they still taught that in middle school!

3. Trumpet Dude

Trumpet Dude New Friend

Jul 20, 2004
    Good one!

Why am i not suprised?
    tisk, tisk

Enjoy,
    TD

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    I am still waiting for you to expound on your ideas that their teachings are "a bunch of crap".

5. Trumpet Dude

Trumpet Dude New Friend

Jul 20, 2004
    Well, do you?

6. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    So this post is going to be your lasting statement as to why you think Jacobs teachings are a"load of crap".

Profound.

7. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    The burdened of proof is yours, since you have made highly insulting and extremely ignorant remarks about one of the greatest brass players and teachers of all time.

I could go into why I think his pedagogy is so great and how his teachings, via former students of his, has helped my playing, but I feel that it would be a waste of words on my part since you have neither the experience nor desire to seriously debate the merits of his teachings.

If you decide that you are ready for that I will be happy to engage in serious debate so that we may all learn and benefit from each others knowledge and experience but I feel that you would need to do a lot of “homework†to be up for that.

8. Trumpet Dude

Trumpet Dude New Friend

Jul 20, 2004
    Humor me!

9. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003
    No, sorry I already have.

I have already been as nice as I am going to be. I have tried to provide you with good solid information for no other reason than so you might benefit [and] become a better player. Not only have you mocked the teachings of a legend you have also flamed and insulted me in the process.

You will not be getting any more information from me on this matter. I will still be happy to debate the advantages (or disadvantages) of the teachings of Arnold Jacobs but you will have to do your own homework on the subject.

10. Trumpet Dude

Trumpet Dude New Friend

Jul 20, 2004
    :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
    While you have not helped me nor the videos what i HAVE found to be some use is this...

http://www.windsongpress.com/jacobs/Breathing Exercises Master .pdf

It is nothing new but some what intriguing.

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p