Dizzying a horn

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by codyb226, Apr 29, 2012.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    He did have 2 ID's (dumb!). I can't fathom why someone would have 2 id's except in the case of selling horns and schilling (is that a word (no red squiggly!)?) the community. Other than that it's "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic, and so am I"! Hopefully he/she (do we really know now?) will learn the lesson. If not, it's off to TH!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

2. Rusty_Restorer

Rusty_Restorer Pianissimo User

Feb 24, 2012
    Atlanta
    Explaining or discussing on a forum - are the same thing from a moderators point of view. There is also a privacy issue between the mods and the banned user. Sometimes bans are permanent and some times they temporary as infractions. It is up to the forum owner and the moderators as to how they enforce the policy of the terms of service. Not my concern. This is way off topic from how to Dizzy a horn. I would have thought the upturn could be done on a bending form filling the area to be bent with melted lead/tin to hold the shape. After the bend is done the lead/tin is melted out of the horn. This would mean recoating the horn with lacquer after the metal removal and polishing it again. It could also be done with a ball pulling mandible form. I have not found these be easy to do myself with making replacement car parts.

3. Rusty_Restorer

Rusty_Restorer Pianissimo User

Feb 24, 2012
    Atlanta
    Having multiple account is a troll thing. You can post - then logoff - then reply as another user to keep a thread going or to create controversy by dissing the poster(yourself). Some trolls create several id's and personalities to go with them. Then they have fights or disagreements. Do you really know all the people posting here? It is sort like the wedding crashers movie, the troll get to create a personality(s) and have fun at the expense of other posters.

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Golly! That is schizophrenic (thank God for the red squiggly on that one ROFL)!!

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes this is far from the topic -- but it seems to be Cody's thread -- and if he's banned -- then it would seem plausable that we could therefore comment, and understand that process (banning) as it pertains to the thread originator. So will we ever know if he "Dizzied" a horn????
    and who knows who Tobylou8 really is???? --- wouldn't that be weird if TL8 was really Codyb226??? I mean we never know -- GM (gmonady) is the only one I am certain about on here!!!!!!!!

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Who knows... I may have been Cody... about 39 years ago...

7. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Bye Codyb226 or Notcody or whoever you are? I would advise to stick with one name and not use two user names. Anyway after you pay uor penance maybe you will learn from this.

8. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Well KT, I'm still here, so I ain't cody! ROFL Apparently in "software world" there's a way to tell if a person has multiple ID's and that will get you banned on any forum. Cody/NotCody did that and is now suffering the consequences of violating the rules. He will be allowed to come back after some time though. I don't think it is eternal banishment to damnation (AKA TH!! ROFL)! A Bundy would be the perfect experimental horn cause NO ONE cares if you destroy it.

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Here's the thing I find intriguing. Codyb226, NotCody, AND Local357 all get banned at about the same time! Could this person/troll be all 3? I don't know but the lack of respect is clearly there with all of them. The only person that I can recall knowing anything about Local and communicating with him was cody (maybe I'm wrong/connfused) and being sent Local's cd's. I don't know, but I do know this, I'm not losing any sleep over it. They aren't the 1st (2nd,3rd) to be banned for a time here and won't be the last. As my son the soccer ref says, "PLAY ON"!! :play::play:

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    John 8. 3-11