Dizzying a horn

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by codyb226, Apr 29, 2012.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    No one mentioned "stoning". ;-)

2. Rusty_Restorer

Rusty_Restorer Pianissimo User

Feb 24, 2012
    Atlanta
    Actually more of a multiple personality thingy or borderline personality disorder activity. Schizophrenia is disturbed thoughts disorder. Will not find many of them on forums. As for the poor horn that gets Dizzyed. Well I guess - I don't know about it.

3. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    That's why I'm not a doctor. That and I can spell! ;-)

4. Rusty_Restorer

Feb 24, 2012
    Atlanta
    I am not a doctor either. I am ADHD and dyslexic. So I am a counselor sometimes when I am not chasing computer snafu's and bugs. Maybe Cody needs Murphy to dizzy his horn.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hey, I'm in... but I won't inhale... OK?

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Sentenced to play a Bundy AND banned... I mean, that is punishment to the max... Just flog me instead... that would have to less painful!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Now this IS starting to make sense. Rusty_Restorer really knows "crazy"... P Atkins... watch out... you have competition. By the way... I AM a doctor and must be a darned good one 'cause I REALLY REALLY can't spell (which is why I have my own personal editor right here on TM).

8. Rusty_Restorer

Feb 24, 2012
    Atlanta
    If it was not for spell check - I could not write. Yes, I do know crazy. I have a couple of pieces of sheep skin on my wall that says - I know crazy. After I retire from the computer world, I am going to work on my PhD. I expect my spelling will down hill then - more than it is now. My question: Are Bundy's cheaper than Olds Ambassadors or do they not sound good? With all the info on the web about building brass instruments - I don't think it would be too hard to dizzy a trumpet. I am way out of practice with a torch to try it myself right now - without spending some practice time in the shop brazing and bending. My only issue in dizzying a trumpet would be removing the support pieces. There is some good physics about sound generation and support being part of the "sound" of an instrument either guitar, cornet or trumpet.

9. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    A Bundy is a cheap piece of student horn. Even students know they are crapola! The Ambassador however is regarded by some as almost,not quite, but really, really, really close to being a pro level horn that's built like a tank. :roll: I would practice on the Bundy since it is not as robust.

10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Lets keep the thread about Dizzying. Cody and local are not the same person or ID. The banner, bannee and reason why is also different.

Last edited: May 2, 2012