Dizzying a horn

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by codyb226, Apr 29, 2012.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Neither do I. Sorry sarcasm didn't come through my post. Ivan and Dave, my only experience with Bundy was a very long time ago and the couple I played were dreadful. In fairness to Bundy, I was comparing them to my 900H! I will defer to ya'll since ya'll have more experience. The guys whose horns I tried, hated them. Anyway... .

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    They certainly aren't 900H's ... when I tried the kids horn I expected it to play horrible ... I was surprised. My wife listens to how the horns sound... she rates them on the Bach scale ... "not a Bach ... sounds like a Bach" .. she was impressed with the Ambassadors sound ... My gut is the more in tune you are with how easily the horn resonates the more noticible the difference ... just a hunch.

3. bamajazzlady

bamajazzlady Mezzo Forte User

May 16, 2011
    Just get a Conn Herriot.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Why? Cody can get the Bundy cheap and learn TONS with this mod. I am sure with the minimal bell bracing that the axe will feel VERY responsive!

5. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    I agree. Let Cody have some fun and learn something about trumpet construction in the process.

6. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Shrewsbury UK & Lanzarote
    Hi Cody

I puchased a Getzen Eterna Severinsen 900H in silver plate with original case in 1972, played it extensively for 30 odd years. Always a talking point at gigs:cool:, sound was reasonable, valves fantastic, resonance and feedback while playing was more than average due to the long brace supporting the bell. Eventually sold it for 375 Pounds on Ebay when I bought my Strad, due to the improvement in playability and tonal colour, which I then sold after getting the Schilke.

Its certainly a novelty - have fun.:thumbsup:

7. cyber_shake

cyber_shake Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2006
    The 'Nati
    Sorry Dave, I fell asleep at the mouse ... yes, I hear more out of the tilted bell than when the bell is pointed 180 degrees away from my head. Especially in a small room or a non-vaulted ceiling ... much more sound bounces back at you while playing.