do you believe you can just be born with it..

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by xeno1990, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    Why do you dismiss someone who is a protege on trumpet [unfortunatly not me ] but sing the praises of those on other instruments such as piano,violin ,etc.

2. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Sergei Nakariakov at a very young age was hailed by all. Wynton was barely in his twenties when he won multiple Grammies. We can't forget Harry Glantz who was the first trumpet of the San Francisco Symphony before he was 15 years old. These to me are prodigies, not a guy who picks up a horn and blasts out a few useless high notes.
    Wilmer

3. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    I thought the question was can one be born to play trumpet , not just ,blast uncontrolled high notes, thats not a talent its a handicap.

4. wiseone2

wiseone2 Artitst in Residence Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Brooklyn,NY
    Here's the original post.

5. daveythewavey19

daveythewavey19 New Friend

Jan 31, 2007
    I think some people are born with an ability to take up something more easily than others from the get-go, but no one, and I mean NO ONE, is truly born a great musician. There's so many books, tv shows, movies, and people who constantly say musicians like Mozart and beehthoven were 'prodigies', but if you actually take a moment or two to read about those people you'll find that they worked extremely hard to achieve what they did. Beethoven for example was made to sit at the piano and practice by his father so much and so hard that he was in tears and even then he wasn't allowed to stop.

Hard work and persistance is much more of a factor than anything someone is 'born' with.