Do you have a friend in Belgium or the Netherlands that could help?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gordonfurr1, Sep 24, 2014.

1. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Hi all!
    I have an OLD Van Engelen flugelhorn for which I have been searching parts for nearly two years now. It is apparently a pre-1900 model and is missing fingerbuttons, and valve top and bottom caps.
    A kind soul on this site suggested I search a local market in Belgium as these occasionally come up there. He was right. A seller has FOUR she is wanting to sell...I tried contacting the seller but since my IP address I foreign I am blocked from contacting the seller. I contacted the admin for the marketplace and said such was their policy and can't be avoided, suggesting however, that I find someone I know in either Belgium or the Netherlands to contact the person for me. I do not know anybody in those countries. Do any of YOUR subscribers know anybody there who would be willing to contact the seller an pass along my contact information so that I could resurrect this beautiful old flugelhorn?
    Thanks!
    Gordon Furr in Salisbury, NC

2. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
  3. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    Thank you!

4. gordonfurr1

gordonfurr1 Forte User

Aug 2, 2010
    North Carolina
    I just sent messages to the two music supply houses you gave me. I hope someone there will respond. I certainly appreciate the suggestion!

5. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    You could also try calling the Saxofoonwinkel in Deventer, Netherlands. It's a full-service woodwind (particularly saxophone) shop (so great that I drove from SW Germany once just to visit them), and they're good guys. While they may not have what you want, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

De Saxofoonwinkel Deventer

6. charles1963

charles1963 New Friend

May 15, 2009