Do you have trumpet nightmares?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BrotherBACH, Jan 12, 2011.

1. stricd

stricd New Friend

Oct 19, 2010
    When I was a kid, I dreamed I took my new cornet down into the shop to polish it. I ended up using a grinding wheel, and before I knew it, there was nothing left but the valve block. I woke up in a panic. It was all vivid enough that I still remember it 35 years later (and only use a flannel cloth now:)

2. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    I guess I should feel lucky, I have never had a trumpet or music nightmare. Most of my nightmares involve zombies or those gigantic evil entities that can step over mountains and find you where ever you hide.... you know, ex wives.

3. GaryT

GaryT New Friend

Dec 21, 2010
    ... what about ex-trumpets?

4. sj3209

sj3209 Piano User

Nov 22, 2006
    Amador County, Calif.
    How bout this. I dream I can play anything I want and sound great.

Then I wake up and realize it was all a dream. Then the nightmare begins again for that day.

Richard

5. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I'll bet we could get almost 100% membership participation (+1) for a poll on that one, or a similar scenario. I did that ONCE with a Dinner Jacket job. I played in tux and everyone else had the white. It was not fun.:thumbdown:

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I dreamed that no one at TM asks anymore about what mouthpieces are best. That was a real nightmare. The thought that the mouthpiece manufacturers were about to go broke woke me up with a cold sweat!

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    My trumpet nightmare - is that I actually turned out to be a better player than I ever imagined I could on my comeback -- and people asked me to play for a major concert ---- when I saw the thousands of people looking at me -- then they found out - I have "stage fright"

8. The Weez

The Weez Piano User

Dec 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Sort of. I have a bum tooth that was broken as a child. It eventually died, and I had a rood canal and a cap. But not infrequently I have dreams that it is loose and falling out. Sometimes the dream begins with playing the trumpet (and WOW can I play in my dreams!), then I check my tooth and discover it's loose. It's not scary but very stressful.