Do you really want to hear me?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by codyb226, Feb 7, 2012.

Hear me play?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2012.
  1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHAMP

CHAMP Piano User

Nov 16, 2005
    wrong on all counts, genius...

how does it feel to know that no one likes you?

2. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    In Kens defense, I like him. Remember that. And I am sure that there is at least 1 other person here that likes him. Yes, he can be annoying at some(okay, maybe a lot) but I still like him. If Ken were to die tomorrow I would go and play taps around the time that he was buried. But I would do that for any TM member that I found out passed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    Mark_Kindy likes this.
  3. giuseppepepperoni

giuseppepepperoni New Friend

Jan 19, 2012
    S Jersey
    Remember, the kid's what --14-15 years old. No doubt he's smarter than all us old guys when it comes to a computer but lacks real world experience. I wouldn't even know how to make a video, let alone post it on a site like this.

I spent over 20 years as an MP. I used to see a lot of kids that went in to basic from a small town where they were top dog. They thought the whole world was like that, and they'd still be the top dog. Unfortunately the world was a little bigger than podunksville, and they couldn't hold their tongue or mind their manners despite the DI's best efforts. After they were taught their manners a few times, they wised up.

Now I drive high rollers around. Some are nice guys but some just never shut their mouths. You know the kind.

In the months I've been reading this place I think he's made more posts than anyone. His posts per day number has to be over the top. Honestly I can't believe he's not out riding his bicycle or chasing after girls. What's the world coming to with kids these days?

4. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hey g,

I did not know there was a post per day...how competitive is that?

Really, I would much rather have my 14-15 yo kid playing trumpet and soaking up/contributing to a trumpet forum and kicking a footy, than a hundred other illegal activities that I see with kids that age in the cities.

Anyway, it does take posts to make this site work. And we do read the old posts to gleam some knowledge from the Wise ones. It does not take long to work out who has the knowledge and who has the BS. But that is a community that interacts - shows tolerance and understanding. I think the Moderators here are first class, and give a lot of rein to maintain discussion and flow.

If we did not interact then the site is just an info site only. AND I can see how much the WIKI section has worked here. I think TMers do want to interact, most in a light-hearted way, but when serious-ness is required we all want to help where we can.

Cody, best of luck on the day, stay positive and we will look forward to hearing how you went.
    Time for a Sunday coffee & paper
    Cheers
    Peter
    ps,,,,I'll also go and check these posts per day ;-)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
    codyb226 likes this.
  5. richtom

richtom Forte User

Dec 7, 2003
    Cody, the playing of Taps at ceremonies or funerals is reserved for those who are in or have served in the Military. It is not to be played for civilians.
    RT

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    The Battle Hymn of the Republic ?

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I think this is an opportunity to get back on track. To sum up the reactions:

there are some that are interested in hearing to give "last minute advice". Only a small portion of the "last minute advice" is suitable for last minute use. Most are things that need to be considered in the first couple of readings.

There are those that are not interested based on the information that we have about the player. That is not to say that Cody can't play, but more a lack of willingness to listen.

We got side tracked (in a very interesting way) about the problems with youth in general, and there is enough frosting (pure sugar, no nutritional value, makes you sick) to actually shut down the thread. Not censor, just end the meander.

If you have a functional process for "last minute", this is your chance. If you have a spare hour and just want to blog, please go to the lounge.

codyb226 likes this.
  8. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Cody wrote : "If Ken were to die tomorrow I would go and play taps around the time that he was buried. But I would do that for any TM member that I found out passed."
    Then Richtom : "Cody, the playing of Taps at ceremonies or funerals is reserved for those who are in or have served in the Military. It is not to be played for civilians."

So I'll give you my last word : "Cody, at my funeral, preferably play Ornette's "Lonely Woman" but please LEAVE ME STILL A LITTLE TIME!" ;-)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
    codyb226 likes this.
  9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Per request of the thread owner locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.