Doc Days of Summer!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Monster Oil, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Monster Oil

Monster Oil Piano User

Sep 24, 2014
    We were fortunate enough to sit down with Doc Severinsen a few weeks ago thanks to the kind folks over at S.E. Shires.

He was a blast to talk with. We decided to use the opportunity to create a new weekly video series called Doc Days of Summer. It's going to run for about 20 weeks through the summer and into fall every Humpday.

Each episode is a brief take on a different facet of trumpet playing. The first one is on articulation. Check it out below and subscribe if you want to see them right when they come out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9e9Ei1dUHg&list=PLTYLvm__m4poHUoUroiC1SoyQKCZNkuku

Hope you like them!

Monsters
    www.MonsterOil.net

Almost forgot, we're also running a TM-only special - 25% off your order plus free shipping by entering coupon code "TM" at checkout!

gunshowtickets likes this.
  2. cb5270

cb5270 Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2013
    In my much older Arban (ca 1954) these are half note slurs. Is this the same exercise?

3. Monster Oil

Monster Oil Piano User

Sep 24, 2014
    Yep!

4. cb5270

cb5270 Pianissimo User

Jul 20, 2013
    I'm a 2 year come back after 50 years and for me playing those exercises as Doc said is more of a challenge than one might think. I would not have thought of them as he has.

By the way I saw Doc and his big band October 2013 and was blown away by this "senior citizen" blowing the roof off the house. He and his band received a standing ovation of at least 10 minutes.

5. gunshowtickets

gunshowtickets Forte User

Mar 11, 2015
    Tidewater, VA
    Super!

6. Monster Oil

Monster Oil Piano User

Sep 24, 2014
    No, they're not easy - and it should be noted that Doc knows the Arban book as well as anybody out there. He's a true student of the trumpet - and picked that exercise for a reason.

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    What valve oil does Doc use???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. breakup

breakup Mezzo Piano User

Jun 19, 2015
    Central Pa.
    Jet, gap filling.

9. warchantfan

warchantfan New Friend

May 15, 2014
    Starke, FL
    When I input the "TM" code it doesn't give a discount or free shipping @ check-out. Do you guys give the discount before charging for the order? I have my order on hold because it was giving me the full price total and charging for shipping.

10. Monster Oil

Monster Oil Piano User

Sep 24, 2014
    Uhoh. I just tried it and it worked fine.

Once you go into the shopping bag enter the code and apply. Code is "TM". Try going into the payment method screen and see if it is applied there.

If you don't want to mess with it then just PayPal the correct amount to [email protected] and leave us a note.

Sorry for the problems and thanks for your order!