Doc moving to Mexico??

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PhatmonB6, Apr 1, 2006.

1. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    I read this at the oTHer site....is this true :dontknow:

2. Clarino

Clarino Mezzo Piano User

Nov 9, 2003
    Sheffield, England, UK
    An April fool gag.

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Nope, it's quite true. But it won't affect Doc's working in the states. He'll work here as much as he wants to. He found some beautiful property out there and is ready to enjoy some time in the wide open spaces. If Doc were working less it would be coincidental to his move not as a result of it.

I had about a half hour long conversation with him a couple of weeks ago and he's very much looking forward to going and living la vida suave.

ML

4. ertatta

ertatta New Friend

Oct 19, 2004
    texas
    manny,
    my guess is that he will be in or around san miguel de allende, guanajuato, mexico.. can u possibly confirm this? i'd be very curious!

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    He mentioned the town, but not being really familiar with Mexican towns it went in one ear and out the other. I just know he'll be in the mountains somewhere with easy access to an airport for anytime he wants to get out to go gig somewhere. It really won't be any different from his living California. I think even if I did know, I'd probably not divulge that and let him do that at his discretion anyway.

ML

6. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Funny, I've been thinking about doing the same thing. My wife is Mexican and would really like to move back. It is a much more relaxed life. They do like trumpet players there.

Michael McLaughlin

"There are a lot of places I like, but I like New Orleans better." Bob Dylan