Doc STILL has it...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gbdeamer, Nov 21, 2011.

1. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Doc is my hero. Watching him on the Tonight Show when I was a kid inspired me to play the trumpet.

He played recently with the Airmen of Note (one of my favorite big bands) and they posted some pictures.

Doc still looks great too!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Yeah, he's the one and only. I always will believe he is THE best trumpet player/muscian the world has known.

3. trumpetguy27

trumpetguy27 Mezzo Piano User

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    A friend of mine was there... He was amazed that Doc is 84 and said that he still moves around better than some people 30 years younger and that the show was AMAZING.

Apparently from what he said the guys in the band were amazed when he showed up early in the day and asked for a room to practice in... he practiced for FOUR hours, then came out and rehearsed the whole show before performing it later. AMAZING!

I wish I could have gone... it was close enough for me to but I couldn't get out of plans.

My friend got pics of himself with Doc afterwards btw. lucky [email protected]@rd!

4. xjb0906

xjb0906 Piano User

May 2, 2009
    Charlotte NC
    I think I will start dressing like Doc. I just know it will help with my playing. ROFL

5. trumpetguy27

trumpetguy27 Mezzo Piano User

May 30, 2008
    Maryland
    Ha ha... I don't know if you saw other pics than the one posted here, but his pants were Lime green and my friend said the pics just don't do the jacket justice.

6. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    Let's not get carried away....

7. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    I really really like Doc and his playing. He is my ideal and I like the way he approaches performance. However, I will just stop there before I crown him the greatest who ever lived.... Lots of criteria to judge there and I haven't heard everybody in the world play.

8. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    he'd be on the short list of people to trade trumpet lives with for sure!

9. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, that's Doc...

[​IMG]

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    OK, the lime green definately completes the ensemble. Nothing against doc, his playing is supurb; but I prefer more of the Chris Botti conservative dress.