Doc STILL has it...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gbdeamer, Nov 21, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    ideologically speaking -- you can't quantitatively or qualitatively assess how dressing like DOC, could or could not positively or negatively affect your musical style ----- that is UNLESS YOU DRESS LIKE DOC. Since you have (apparently) not dressed like DOC --- then your ideological thoughts about this subject are invalid, aka null and void. ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oh wait a minute --- why dress like Doc?? hey isn't that a KING Silver Flair and an Asymmetric mpc hes' using????? that is what we all need -- the same equipment as DOC -- then we could play just the same as we currently are ----- so practice, and practice, and get some more practice ----------well that is my ideological opinion (that more quality practice will yield a progressively more DOC-like ability to be consistent on the trumpet, at whatever level you are at, you won't sound like DOC with more practice, but you will be more consistent in the sound you currently have) ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ideologically speaking??? KT, I was only expressing my preference in dress; and my comment was not suppose to be any deeper than the few millimeters of cloth the covers my form. And I don't think doc is expressing anything deeper other than standing out as the lead entertainer (as there may be deaf people in the audience).

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  4. jengstrom

jengstrom Pianissimo User

Oct 17, 2009
    Rochester, NY
    Area under the curve, not volume. But I understand what you're trying to say and I agree with you!

-John

bumblebee likes this.
  5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    So true! I post while resting between exercises! ;-)

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Coming from a Maynard household, I wasn't "allowed" to "like" Doc (until I moved out). ROFL

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oh how very very sad -- who is Maynard, your Dad??? anyways he sounds very strict.!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I suggest you wear cotton then ---- so you and your clothing can BREATHE!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL AND try not to wear BLUE -- wouldn't want your clothing or your audience to get confused about BREATHING ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Me and Rowuk, RIGHT!

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    have a great Thanksgiving GM -- btw, what are you doing on TM today -- spend time with your family!!!!!!! -- do I always have to tell you everything???? ROFL ROFL ROFL
    ps. (I am spending time with my family -- my Mom is sleeping in the chair "watching" the Macy's thanksgiving parade, and although it is only 11:30 AM, my Dad claimed he got up early enough today -- so he can get 2 naps (one in the morning, and one in the afternoon) ---I am the only one here NOT sleeping ROFL ROFL ROFL