Doc stopped by last night and gave a 45 minute lesson free..

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Phatmon, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Phatmon

Phatmon New Friend

Oct 1, 2004
    Forest Lake, Mn
    well, thats what my coworker told me yesterday. I have always believed what people tell me cause I would hate to have them prove me wrong and anything is possible right?? This just seemed far fetched. heres how it went.."Guess who stopped by my house last night." "I dont know, Randy Moss." "Nope, Doc Severinson he gave my son a free 45 minute lesson." "Wow that is awsome!!! Did he have a Destino with him?" "what is that?" "His new line of horn" "I am not sure he did not play he just showed him some basics." Now being from Minnesota and with Doc affiliated with the MN Orchestra I sort of believe him. This is coming from a guy that told me a buddy of his gave him a trumpet for free and when I asked him what it was he asked me what kind of horn Chet Baker played. I told him he is know for playing a Martin Commitee. Yep thats the one he said. I am not the kind of person to tell someone yhea right...your full of crap!!! So I just went along with it. I am not even sure why I am am posting this. I guess deep down inside it irks me somewhat. If any of you know what Doc is like is this something you could see him doing because if it is I would love to get ahold of him and get a 45 minute lesson myself and I will even pay for it!!!! :roll:

2. BinSB

BinSB New Friend

Nov 16, 2004
    When did this supposedly take place? Doc was in Minneapolis in October but I don't recall him going to anyone's house. He was only there for 3 days and it was a whirlwind between rehearsal, personal practice & concerts.

I have known Doc to take the time and talk to a youngster about practice and technique. Doc is big on practice ("ya gotta practice!!!") and breathing ("blow some air into it!") so it is likely that if your friend & his son came to the concert that he did take the time to talk to them after the concert. But, I doubt he went to their house (I would have scheduled it).

Cheers-
    Bernadette

3. Phatmon

Phatmon New Friend

Oct 1, 2004
    Forest Lake, Mn
    Thank you so very much for the reply, especially from a reliable source!! It would have happend on the 8th or 9th of November. I love playing golf and it would be like saying Tiger Woods stopped by and gave me some lessons on my short game. I have always respected Doc and his playing since I picked up the trumpet in 7th grade and still do. That is why I did believe him somewhat. Because I can see this possibly happening. Oh well, If anyone could use a 45 minute lesson from Doc it would be me and my niece. Thanks again for clearing this up I truly appreciate it. :D

4. Phatmon

Phatmon New Friend

Oct 1, 2004
    Forest Lake, Mn
    Hey Bernadette
    Its me again I noticed this is your first post and I am curious as to what made you come to this site and find my posting. If you dont mind me asking. 8)

5. BinSB

BinSB New Friend

Nov 16, 2004
    LOL - I've been a lurker since June. Occasionally I do a search for "Destino" (to see what the buzz is about)...this time, you're thread popped up.

And just to clarify, Doc actually doesn't give trumpet lessons but he's always happy to talk trumpets.

Cheers!
    Bernadette

6. Phatmon

Phatmon New Friend

Oct 1, 2004
    Forest Lake, Mn
    Cool....I just got off the phone with ...sorry I did not get his name but he told me if I am interested in a Destino he could set something up next time Doc is in town with the Mn Orchestra. Since Destino Days is not making it out here this year. I am for sure going to consider it. Take care :wink:

7. BinSB

BinSB New Friend

Nov 16, 2004
    Hahah...that was you? You spoke to Mark, my husband. I was sitting next to him (lurking) while he spoke to you. I'm the so-called "Road Personnel" he was referring to.

Yes...we can definitely arrange to have you play a Destino when Doc is in Minneapolis next month. Just let us know!

BH