"doc" trivea

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Jan 15, 2012.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    OK, I am thinking here we need to evoke eBay bidding limit rule to the votes. You are only to vote 3 times, then your voting limit is up. Kingtrumpet, your voting limit has been maxed out. Let's give some others a chance here... by the way... No to all entry's prior to this post.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    yes - here it is -- Dr. Lee Eliot Berk --- of Berklee School of music where young Roy went to college --- yeah, man that is it!!!!!!!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    or maybe Herb Pomeroy

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahh, you do not read rules very well either do ya? By the way, the answer is still no. And anymore answers you may give, even if you have the remote luck of getting it right, I will not validate your answer. Please give others a chance to answer. Thanks KT.

codyb226 likes this.
  6. Kujo20

Kujo20 Forte User

Sep 29, 2010
    Doc Cheatham? To my understanding, they've both recorded with him...

Kujo

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    here it is --Roy's Alma Mater awarded it's first honorary degree to ---first honorary doctorate on Duke Ellington in 1971 ---

So it must be Dr. Duke Ellington -- yeah, that's it --- I finally got it ----ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm - it's a free country, isn't it???? plenty of people have a chance to answer you --- THEY JUST CHOOSE NOT TO ---- you should be glad I am at least trying to answer the quiz ----- some poor sport you are!!!!!! come up with a quiz - then you don't like to many anwers --- awww poor, poor GM ole buddy, ole pal ---- so sad, so very, very sad --- the quizmaster has very little patience (patients for the Aussies) -----so sad, so very very sad ROFL ROFL ROFL

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Kujo, nice try and with great reasoning skills that I have yet seen applied since posting this thread. Actually, this was rowuk's answer, so you are in good company with this answer, but this is still not the correct answer.

Here is a Hint: The answer comes from an interview I heard between Christian and Roy on a show they were MC'ing for Sirius XM - Classical Jazz. They ran into "doc" in the Men's room at the club they were playing, and "doc" proceeded to critique their sets.

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Dr. Dave Harrison!!!!!!!