"doc" trivea

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gmonady, Jan 15, 2012.

1. MSfortissimo

MSfortissimo Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    I intially assumed that Doctor Roberts was John Lennon, but O'boogie seemed more his humor.

I guessed on the Doctor Roberts drug dealer.

2. MSfortissimo

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    But it is funny!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    doc trivia question #3:

What is the name of the trumpet player [KT read this part of the stem closely] who's father was a "doc" that specialized ONLY in diseases of the mouth?

4. MSfortissimo

Jul 13, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Miles Davis!

gmonady likes this.
  5. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Actually, I'm guessing on the drug dealer part of it ..... It's a Beatles song and I probably should have just said, "Beatles song." It's the name of the song, they're singing about someone (maybe that they knew)... The lyrics could lead you to conclude what I concluded. These quizs are not an exact science (especially when I set them up ... :-P). Our good Doctor's questions are a lot harder.

Turtle

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    OK, right on the first try but this suggests too easy of a question. BUT at least you spared us a Kingtrumpet list of buck shot. You will find your reward in your personal page.

I am working on a 4th question, that will be a real challenge, even harder than the Eddie Henderson question, but it is SOOO doc related, that I have to figure out a way of asking it without creating a HIPAA violation. Seriously!!

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Bring it on! :woop:

Turtle

8. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    DOC SEVERINSEN --- HIS DAD --CARL SEVERINSEN WAS A DENTIST ----GOOGLE IT YOURSELF IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME ROFL ROFL ROFL

((Severinsen was born in Arlington, Oregon, the son of Minnie Mae (1897–1998) and Carl Severinsen (1898–1972), a dentist.[1] Nicknamed "Little Doc" after his father,"""

gmonady likes this.
  9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Which Dr. started teaching rowuk (and others) to breath properly since the time they was birthed???? ROFL ROFL ROFL

This method, consisting of childbirth education classes, relaxation, breathing techniques and continuous emotional support from the father and a specially trained nurse

10. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US
    Easy question: What Doc had a trumpet modeled after him and that I played for the first time today and that I really liked? It did have great valves too!