doc

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by peanuts56, Jan 26, 2011.

1. peanuts56

peanuts56 Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2009
    Saw Doc in Manchester Ct. on Monday. A real treat to hear one of the real giants. Doc is still playing at an extremely high level. He's 83 and looks fabulous as well, really fit. His sound is big and his control is still extraordinary. His band is also really good. I would pay to hear them if Doc wasn't playing. The music was really interesting, a kind of Mexican Gypsy Jazz.
    Manchester High Jazz Band opened the show and they were very good also. I don't know Dave Barry personally but he has done a great job with his kids. Dave if you read this, congratulations!
    Doc hung around to sign cd's and shake hands and it was really nice to meet him.

2. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    I agree, Doc is a living legend. Thank God we recognise this while he is still around to thank. And it doesnt go to his head, what a nice genuine great person. Best wishes.

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I love Doc, was just listening to one of his albums the other day on my record player --- oh my -- I still have LP's (aka vinyl records) -- what a dinosaur I must be.

4. peanuts56

peanuts56 Pianissimo User

Jan 18, 2009
    My apologies to Keith Berry who is the Jazz Band Director at Manchester H.S.
    I referred to you as Dave Barry. Your kids sounded great and Doc mentioned it at least twice.
    Keep up the good work!

5. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    (Psssst.... Go back and edit your original post and then delete the last one. No one will never know (Shhh):grouphug:)

6. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    I listen to my vinyl all the time.

Nothing like a real record!

7. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    I need to get my vinyl back out. I do still have a record player, just have to unbury it............Buck:oops:

8. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    I got to play on stage with Doc when I was in college. Standing by him, you just realize what a monstrous sound the man has.

And a down-to-earth gentleman.

World needs more Doc's