Doctor Freud, Help !

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dupac, May 8, 2010.

1. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    One of my sons plays clarinet, and sings as a baritone in opera context : I hate opera ...
    One of my others sons is a drummer, and now plays guitar : he's a killer ! I tried so many years playing well the guitar, I'm now jealous.
    My young daughter, 12 years old, plays the piano since 6 years. But she now wants to learn to play the saxophone too !
    I have a lot of cornets, trumpets and flugels at home, but none of my chidren never had a look on them.
    What did I do wrong ? :dontknow::-o:shock::oops:ROFL

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  2. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Dupac,
    It seems that you are the only one of your lot who's going to Heaven. ROFL :shhh:

3. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    My Dad's side of the family are all classically trained woodwind players. My Mom's side are all bluegrass pickers n grinners except for Mom - she plays flute, and hoped I would, too. I'm a commercially trained trumpeter. Oh well, too bad! They still love me anyway! :)

4. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    You live in France!

Flugelgirl wrote:
    It sounds as if you are a genetically engineered improvement to the species.

5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Pianissimo User

Apr 7, 2010
    Canada
    It is funny that you post because I am now six weeks or so taking lessons with a teacher as a comeback player. My children (15 year old twins) now want to take up instruments. My daughter wants to take up the trumpet and my son wants to take up the sax. I am actually thrilled. I am now arranging for lessons for them over the summer.

David

6. SFPat

SFPat Pianissimo User

Sep 20, 2009
    Houston
    God still loves those, such as my kids, who play piano, woodwinds and strings but ignore trumpets. They too will make it to Heaven though they may have to spend extra time in purgatory.

7. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Sure I'll go to Heaven directly since my purgatory time is right now !

8. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    [
    It sounds as if you are a genetically engineered improvement to the species.[/QUOTE]

Too bad I'm not having children! Besides, with my husband being a guitarist and all the string players in my background, who knows what awful monster we might create! :-o

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Well, baritone is better than clarinet :-P
    I wouldn't be jealous, they are YOUR genes! :thumbsup:
    Saxophone is better than piano :cool:
    I am happy that my kids go their own way and not mine. I think you did the right thing. Now if your wife lets you buy whenever you find something interesting................ :shhh:

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Oh yes, I can buy any horn I want : my wife has a great quality, she doesn't notice the difference between (for instance) a Jupiter pocket in gold lacquer and a Yamaha 8335 RGS. Cool !