Does anybody use Bach 1B trumpet mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Mouthpieces / Mutes / Other' started by Bach 1 1/4C Man, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Bach 1 1/4C Man

Bach 1 1/4C Man Pianissimo User

Jun 10, 2004
    I need to get a little darker tone and I play on a Bach 1-1/4C Megatone mouthpiece. It's not bad but it can get to be a little bright. I'm thinking about going to a 1B megatone since has a 24 backbore. I would like to know is the difference between the two that big also should I just get a 1-1/4C Megatone with a 24 backbore and 24 thorat are something like that.

2. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    I own one, but the 1 1/2 B suits me better. I went from a 1c-1.25c-1.5B and im loving the B cup...

the 1 may feel to big, it did for me... but the 1.5 feels great.

3. RKerch11

RKerch11 New Friend

Sep 6, 2005
    Yeah, there is someone that plays a 1B.. His name is Bud Herseth. LoL

Of course that was after his accident and prior to that he was playing on a 7C.. What a monster!

4. dizforprez

dizforprez Forte User

Nov 2, 2003

why do you keep asking the same question? this isnt the first time you have started a topic on this.

5. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    I play a Bach 1c and it gives me a beautiful dark centered tone that has almost flugel like qualities :-) Its beautiful for Wynton type ballad work.

Equipment
    Martin Committee Trumpet, T3467RE
    Holton Heim # 2 Mouthpiece
    Bach 1c Mouthpiece

Rick AKA Trumpet Man

6. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    But Rick -- I thougt you recommended Kelly mouthpieces???

http://www.music123.com/Kelly-Mouthpieces-Trumpet-7C-Mouthpiece-i121232.music

7. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    How about ditching the megatone (a cosmetic for your sound that deadens it), and try a stock 1 1/2C. It is deeper than the 1 1/4C.

romey

8. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    7B actually

Romey

9. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    But Bandman...

I do recomend Kelly Mouthpieces for outdoor work considering that they are made of Lexan, and are much more forgiving then brass on the chops in fridgid weather.

On regular gigs I use a Bach 1c for balads and a Heim #2 for high regester work. Different types of playing require different mouthpieces. You understand?

A different mouthpiece for different ocassions. You know, Like a Tux for a wedding or sweats to go jogging. You wouldnt wear a Tux to go jogging now would you Bandman?

10. Weedyweidenthal

Weedyweidenthal Pianissimo User

Sep 25, 2005
    i do

i play a 1b for concert season. it's nice and dark