Does Anyone Else Like To Practice?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jmberinger, Aug 8, 2013.

1. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    Practice is a great way to hear that wonderful sound come out of the bell.

2. BigDave

BigDave New Friend

Aug 9, 2013
    Andromeda Galaxy
    That.

3. robeebee

robeebee Pianissimo User

Jul 24, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    I'm loving it

Things are starting to happen for me

Rediscovering my air, getting used to new horn and mouthpiece

I think I'm using less pressure than I ever have

Gotta stop typing and start blowing

4. jmberinger

jmberinger Pianissimo User

Jun 5, 2007
    Long Beach, California
    Thanks for the comments. While the confession is over, the practice of practicing is not. Leaving for my Saturday three trumpet (Bb, C and D) practice. Two sessions, each an hour or more. And there is tomorrow too. Weekends: nirvana.

5. tjcombo

tjcombo Mezzo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    So many parts of life are a downhill slide even though we try to delay, mitigate and avoid the decline. Practising gives me something that improves little by little and promises to provide challenges and satisfaction for a long time to come. I like technical exercises partly because they allow progress to be meaured. Equally, it's nice to just sit down and improvise... and if it gets too easy, move into a harder key.

tj

6. Trumpetplayer24

Trumpetplayer24 Pianissimo User

Apr 3, 2013
    UK
    I love to practice, my day doesn't feel complete don't. I love hearing myself improve over time and it helps me get the most out of my lessons. If I am going to pay a lot of money for lessons, I want to improve as much as I can between them.

7. Harky

Harky Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2013
    Lancaster, PA
    Hey fellows, did you catch the phrase in the OP's text, "The progress is owned... That speaks volumes to me. Playing trumpet takes way too much practice and dedication to dislike the moments we have the horn in hand. When you have a job, kids and all that you find those few moments become golden, treasures. After high school you won't find to many people who admit being trumpet players who don't like to practice. We see their equipment on E-bay! True story... I knew a guy who refused to practice or learn about his golf swing. He only wanted to play on the course. He died two years ago never getting below 100 AND wondering why not?

8. motteatoj

motteatoj Mezzo Forte User

Feb 23, 2013
    Tuckahoe, NY
    I indeed love to practice.... and since i am not a pro player and just learning, other than cleaning or buying instruments it is the only form of trumpet interaction for me, lol.
    I do love it. Learning a new song, or passage, nailing something and having it sound good, keeping my wife away from me for an hour, all very therapeutic and very fun.
    YUP, I LOVE IT TOO.

9. B-Flat Cat

B-Flat Cat Pianissimo User

Sep 9, 2010
    Tennessee
    Can't say I love to practice; what I love is the result of all that practice. Does that count?

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Perhaps... But just think how many MORE results you would get out of it if you LOVED it.:think: