Does anyone know anything about this stuff

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Apr 20, 2011.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    yeah, this rules it out for me on all counts:

CAUTION:

DO NOT USE ON BROKEN SKIN.

ALL NATURAL!

*NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS*

*JUST TRUMPET PLAYERS*

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I use Zaja oil but no cream --- I use natural beeswax for my lips -- I think that is best.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I saw the broken skin comment and paused...

4. reedy

reedy Piano User

Jul 31, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK
    yeah its made from Arnica, I got recommended Arnica cream from an old teacher of mine, so tried it out used it alot when I did a short packed tour round germany with a jazz band, orchestra and wind band I played in a few years ago, 2 hour jazz lunchtime gig, then 2 hours worth of other stuff in the evening for 7 days, yeah might be able to do it now but was really hard then, used this Arnica cream and its really good stuff!

best bet is to stick it on over night and you feel all nice and refreshed the next day, like as if you havent played in 2 days refreshed its good stuff I think :)

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    do you think the open skin comment is just there to avoid a lawsuit?

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    If it wasn't tested on animals, how could it have been tested on trumpet players (rim shot!)? :lol:

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    For bruising, DMSO (get the highest grade) is supposed to work wonders. You can also mix it with different drugs and dose (or poison) people (or yourself) since it is a great solvent and works topically. Found about it the hard way at my first Grateful Dead concert and people had spray bottles containing DMSO and LSD. A weird, but wonderful time.

For that reason, I stick to good old Carmex after the gig, and work off the soreness the next morning. Safe and flashback free!

8. s.coomer

s.coomer Forte User

Mar 25, 2005
    Indianapolis, In
    Chopsaver works wonders. It was also invented by a trumpet player who still plays at the professional level. I would not be trying the other things.

9. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    Vulgano ...lolol..