Does anyone know anything about this stuff

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Apr 20, 2011.

1. trumpetnick

trumpetnick Fortissimo User

Nov 16, 2005
    Vidin, Bulgaria
    LSD? Sure, VB, you may even then think you become Harry James ROFL. Yep, the comment about the skin is a warning. We already have wonderful products like Chopsaver and work quite well for most people. I recently switched to Aloe Lips by Forever Living, but then I am selling it too...but have to admit that Chopsaver wasn't any worst. Both completely natural and no issues with applying them on broken skin...

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    I use Blistex ... tons of it when I have chapped or sore lips .. awesome

3. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

That's funny, Vulgano B. Yes indeed, those Dead concerts could be hazardous. I saw them many times when I was in H.S., often in San Francisco and remember there would be unknown substances being passed around ...Back then, I think it was the band that was passing it around the audience. I had to stand in line all day once to see them at Winterland, it was like a circus before we finally got in. Always a good show if you don't mind the band wandering off stage occasionally ..... for a half hour at a time. They did that 3 or 4 times at that Winterland concert.:lol:

Flashback free Carmex.... hilarious.:thumbsup:

Turtle

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Now I am confused, I thought Trumpet Players were Animals. Just read all the comments on trumpet player experiences with flute players on another post. - My point I believe is proven thanks to the folks at TM.

5. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Based on a fabulous response by Brother Vulgano, I seek this perspective from the wise sage.

DMSO does some funky stuff to your breath and body odor. No way, no how could you even possibly get close to a flute player using DMSO. So if making a choice for a weird but wonderful time, would you choose DMSO and LSD or the flute player?

6. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    Chopsaver has a little bit of arnica in it also. It's like a lot of other things: A little is great, too much is poison.

7. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    I could have used the info from this thread last week, when my upper lip had a bad meeting with the edge of my electric guitar (odd mishap involving the cat). It left a blood blister and I couldn't play for 3 days.

Turtle

8. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    DMSO - what do you get and where do you get it? I've used it before on ankle and foot injuries - the one thing I took note of with what I used was a slight chemical burning, but it did seem to work. I've also heard that lower grade DMSO (the older horse linaments) can cause temporary blurring of vision.

Getting back to the subject, for my chops I've always found good old Blistex (cream in the tube, not the stick or stuff in the round compact) to be about the best thing for me. It reduces swelling, soothes irritation and chapping, and seems to speed recovery time for abused chops after a hard night of playing.

9. LEBOUTILLIER

LEBOUTILLIER New Friend

Apr 1, 2011
    Iowa
    I have been using Burt's Bees beeswax balm. 100% natural and it absorbs fast.

10. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    From Wikipedia:

"Arnica contains the toxin helenalin, which can be poisonous if large amounts of the plant are eaten, and contact with the plant can also cause skin irritation.[7][8] If enough of the material is ingested, the toxin helenalin produces severe gastroenteritis, and internal bleeding of the digestive tract. [9] Homoeopathic preparations of Arnica 24X or more are not toxic as no or negligible amount of Arnica is left after dilution.[10][11]"

I think introducing this stuff to the bloodstream would be a bad idea.